cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
1,028 REPLIES 1,028

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

navster
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi Meowmix
I use http://www.istocknow.com/live/. to track inventory at the Apple stores. I walked into the Apple Store yesterday and purchased an iPhone 7+ matte black 128gb for my gf. Yes their site says dec 23rd. But if there are supplies you will also see pick up today on there web site

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @navster

Yes that is correct but the date given by Apple is December 23rs at this point if anyone wants to buy it from them online. Again Apple gives 80-85% of their stock towards the Apple stores and online site. The rest goes to the carriers which is a slim chance on getting the popular models. Unfortunately no carrier including Rogers can do much.

As for that site. 95% of the time it shows that there is no iPhone 7 Plus available. I have numerous times checked this throughout the day as well. Only once a day might show small stock, then 10 minutes later it's gone

navster
I Plan to Stick Around
Last 2 days the Apple Store in Vancouver have been fully stocked except for the rose 128gb. Like I said I purchased one yesterday for my Gf. If it wasn't for the corporate account I could have picked one up from them yesterday since they renew rogers accounts.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @navster

That explains it. All Apple stores in Ontario haven't gotten any. So seems like BC Apple stores got a good stock. Again nothing can be done. The Apple stores can't access some business and or corporate accounts.

mallain
I Plan to Stick Around

Good news for all the corporate customers who are being shut out by Rogers on this upgrade. I have been told from the start that the stores cannot, under any circumstances, perform upgrades on corporate accounts, but it turns out they can. After months of waiting and a lot of emails between my account rep and the local store manager, I finally got my 7+ 128JB at the store, and canceled my reservation which was sitting at #58 of about 420.

You need to talk to your rep and get your ‘price plan code’ and whether your plan is an ‘in-market corporate plan’ or not. The stores should be trained on how to do the corporate upgrades by now, but if not, you could probably ask them to contact the manager at the Mountain Road store in Moncton NB for instructions.

Good luck

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mallain

Glad to hear it worked out!.

roni2915
I'm Here A Lot

I FINALLY HAVE THE iPHONE 7 PLUS 256GB JET BLACK IN MY HANDS!!!!!!

I placed the order on 29-Sep-2016, and was told by Rogers sometime in end of October that my order got cancelled. (I went through a corporate store in Richmond Hill, ON - So Rogers had no idea about my pre-order yet I was adviced that it got cancelled).

I was not sure if this was the case and and didn't know what to do as the email address I pre-ordered from, showed no pre-ordered devices. Hence, I finally decided to place another order for the Matte Black (thinking I would get it a bit faster). I did this on 24-Oct-2016. Started with #29 and came to #6 till today.

And yesterday, I get a text frm the wireless store that your device is ready to be picked up. I was wondering if its the matte black as the status was still at #6. I went today and they said they recieved the original Jet Black, and I decided to keep it.

I ended up cancelling the Matte Black order and now I am a proud owner of the 256GB JET BLACK.. Man this thing is GORGEOUS! Almost feels like I have to take care of it so much to avoid all the scratches/micro-abrasions 🙂

REGARDLESS, I AM VERY HAPPY..

Just in case you are wondering, it took almost about 2 months for me to recieve the jet black 256gb model. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni291522

I am glad you finally got your device!!! 🙂

courtney23
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered my phone (7+ 128gb black) in September. I started at 672 on the waiting list and am now only at 378, I see that people have been waiting at the number 1 spot for a couple of months as well so am I to assume that I probably wont get it until February (probably later) or something? The wait is a bit ridiculous, I am thinking about canceling the order all together, may as well just have waited for the 7S at this point.

Alkutraz
I Plan to Stick Around

What phone did you order?

I ordered a Matte Black 128 GB iPhone plus...also ordered back in September and I have no idea what position I am in since its my company who ordered the phone for me.

At this point I'm in the same boat, if the phone doesnt arrive by January I think I'm just going to cancel the order. Ill ask for an old 6S Plus or something to borrow for a bit.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Alkutraz @Courtney

I wonder if the supply and demand is hard as even Apple store at Eatons center and Fairview in Toronto barely aee any Plus models. My buddy is still waiting With Telus and he was gold after Christmas. He has been checking with Apple since then.

Alkutraz
I Plan to Stick Around

There have been plenty of days I have checked the stock in Square One and more than once they had the 128 GB matte black iPhone 7+. Even more times they had the 256 GB version. Same goes with Jet Black. Sure its not "all the time" or anything, but they have had stock as well. 

I have also checked other stores around square one (yorkdale? eaton centre i think as well and one north - dont remember the names, sorry) and same, I have had days where they have stock.

Right now if you were to order the phone online you would get it by Dec. 22nd (at least when I checked at noon on their site). Thats a bit over 2 weeks, compared to the 3+ months we have been waiting for the phone to come in by Rogers.

I mean, I am by no means saying there is a lot of stock, I know there is a shortage on the plus models...but this is a bit much. And I know this isnt Rogers fault as they dont manufacture the phones, but at least some communication would be great. But then again, they really dont seem to care for the corporate accounts all that much - considering that they have to pay anyways. They seem to be saving all their phones for their walk in customers.

Alkutraz
I Plan to Stick Around

If my phone and phone bill wasnt on my works corporate account...I would've bought the phone a long time ago. Idk...

Alkutraz
I Plan to Stick Around

And I am only ranting right now because of how @courtney23 mentioned she is now at 378? Like wow...

With Christmas coming up, its less likely that Rogers would use the limited stock they are receiving on corporate accounts. Most likely will be given to residential customers for sure.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Alkutraz

Oh i understand completely. Believe me a while ago I was in your position and many times have said the same actually!.

I wonder what's going on. Honestly at this point there should be more communication other then " waiting for stock" as u said it's not Rogers fault as they don't make the devices but there is something going on between Rogers and Apple.

Now Apple tends to give their own stores 80-85% of the stock which is normal. But the rest of the stock goes to the carriers so i want to know as well.

courtney23
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, I don't think our phones will be coming  any time soon and I understand that Rogers has limited stock but this wait is absurd, I only ordered this phone because my iphone 5 finally packed it in. They need to figure this out or at the very least give us some sort of time frame. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @courtney23

Unfortunately Rogers can't as they can't predict when yours will come as what if it doesn't meet that time frame they give out? Customers will get upset. Silence isn't the answer either but something should be done!

elkhazendarramy
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers iphone 7 plus inventory and the way they have been dealing with this entire release is beyond pathetic. Im going to explain what happened with me, i wouldnt be surprised if everyone is also getting screwed by them also. 

So im on a corporate account, ordered the 7+ matte black 128gb when it was reservation back in early september (9th i believe) was one of the first few people in line. Bam it gets cancelled, big big issue happens with the fact that i spend 1 hour on hold to get a representative who doesnt know 1+1 let alone deal with rogers pathetic mess. After calling i would say 5 times, arguing, snapping and talking to two managers someone finally was able to say sir the phone will be there withing 2-5 business days! GREAT. i was superrrrrr happy. What happens, i wait and i end up getting the wrong phone shipped out to me (iphone 7 128gb) not the plus. I ended up calling back spending another 2 hours on hold, got someone to finally speak too. They apologized and said that i could go to the apple store and do the upgrade only when the old device is received back to them (took a week before they processed the return). After which i woke up everyday at 7am to reserve one on apples website. Finally got one after a week and a half of frustration and near misses. Once i go to the store i wait there for an hour get to the scanning part BAM rogers doesnt allow coroporate upgrades in apple stores. WOW! after being told i could do it with NO Issues at all i end up habving to call them infront of the apple rep to prove rogers said they could do it. Waited 1 hour and 22minutes before i got someone. I explained my immense frustration and told him that if for whatever reason my line gets discconected to call me back at my number (it happend before thats why i asked him) He said no problem. after him calling his boss and them running around he tells me sir im gonna transfer you to my manager. What happens almsot 2 hours into waiting, the line discconects and no one calls me back. I called back again, after waiting for another 45 min i told the apple rep to give the reservation to my friend. I spent the entire trip from the apple store to my house (45min in rush hour) waiting for a new representative so i can express my disgust. I get a hold of someone who seemed decent, said shell order the phone and ill have it in 4-6 weeks. I was . but finally someone who didnt make a mistake so after expressing my frustration and them giving me a tiny discount i decided to be patient. I waited 3 weeks and called them back to see if it actually went through, a new rep told me that i would never get the phone by the way this rep ordered it (some system called vision 21). I didnt care about the specifics but at that point i had enough, talked to his boss and let him have it. He said he would file a request to expeidite the process and have the phone to me sooner for all the trouble and that he will order it from the proper channel.I wait another day and call back to see what happened, they tell me nothing yet we are still waiting but your order is placed (oct 4th) so this dragged form sep 9 to oct 4. He said sir no worries worst worst case youll have your phone wihtin 6-8 weeks. Today is December 8th, i spoke with a rep yesterday after having mercy on them for two months. She was shocked and said shes going to go as high up as possible and get me an answer by monday (two days ago). She called me back with of course a useless response. She said sir im sorry i was told there is no given wait time, we have no idea when we are getting the device and there is nothing i can do for you, youll just have to wait more. 

Its December, 8th. I cant get my hands on a jet black device in most stores now, including bestbuy which has by far the worst inventory out of most of the stores. Truly pathetic experience with rogers. I am so dissapointed by their customer service and lack of transparency. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @elkhazendarramy

Unfortunately as i said many times Rogers does NOT know what devices and how much stock they get. No carrier does. Apple sends them whatever they want. Apple allocates about 80-85% of their stock towards their own stores. The rest are shared within the carriers.

As for the rep that told u about the business and or corporate accounts going to the stores. Unfortunately Apple stores can not go on specific business and corporate customers accounts. There are some they can but most they can't. This is a safety feature added by Rogers and the businesses. Most carriers of course have this in place.

The wait time is long. It's not easy to get one as i noticed the stores are getting them now but not as much.

Unfortunately this has been going on for years and it's something we all are asking to change.

navster
I Plan to Stick Around
Elkhazendarryamy
I'm in the same boat reserved on the 9thsept. Very disappointed with Rogers and the whole process. Seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. If I knew that I would be waiting this long I would have not renewed my plan . I got screwed. I decided to renew and was told I would keep everything i had before and then after saying yes I went through my contract line by line to find out I had lost privelages, which I had on my old plan . When I asked to have it reversed the girl screwed up and said oh I'm sorry that plan is not available anymore even though she screwed up. Long story short I've been given the same run around as you have. I was # 64 and I've been sitting at 23 it's will be going into 4 months. The customer service culture is very poor with Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @navster

It seems that every years new iPhone comes out things happen with Rogers and I really do not understand why. I wonder maybe lack of training on the customer service representatives and stores. I wonder if the warehouse now is allocating devices that come in to the stores instead if the ones waiting for a long time.

This does need to get addressed and hopefully with the new CEO from Telus, we shall see some changes but i wouldn't see it coming for a few years unless they start immediately.

They need to revamp the whole reservation system and make it more easier and give u a few more options. Also if the device is such as a iPhone and the devices are at the stores, have specific stores around each town that has them to give them out to the business and corporate customers. I understand the security but some high end stores should be able to handle it. ( Unless there is a specific rule).

As for the plans. Every year I noticed that Rogers requires you to get the new plans to upgrade. It's not fair but seems like everyone is doing it. Just like Bell and Telus. They required all customers to go on their new plans if they wish to upgrade to a new smartphone ( not just the iPhone).

Hopefully everything gets fixed up.