Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Are you on the consumer or business reservations?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Impact9: Are you referring to me? I'm on the consumer list.
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on the consumer list 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Impact9 wrote:
Are you on the consumer or business reservations?

um... im on the business side, BUT i registered on the consumer side by going to rogers.com -> myrogers same way i check our balances etc.. and went to device registration..

did everything i was supposed to do and instructed to do as per rogers website.. if i get cancelled i will be... "upset" since censor took out what i really said that starts with a p

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers communication is poor, very poor.

That being said I received yet another email yesterday from Rogers confirming my 2 iPhone 7+ 128 GB JB reservations numbers.  I started at 169 and 179, I think.  I am down to 63 and 65.  As no one has received an iPhone 7+ 128 GB JB, that tells me that 100 people before me have become frustrated and cancelled.  That is really sad.

I don't want an email from Rogers confirming my reservation number. I can find my reservation number in MyRogers account.  They should be sending an email saying that they apologise for making everyone wake up at 6am to reserve a phone that they never had in stock. The second thing the email should say is something along long the lines of a ball park estimation as to when I might receive the phone.  Ball park as in 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, etc.  Even a confession that they have no clue as to when the phones might ship.  Perhaps an email explaining company politics as to why the corporate big wigs deserve them and the customers, who buy there expensive wireless plans, the ones that pay for the corporate big wigs salary, got theirs first.

I understand that Apple would prioritize their stores over others first.  That is common sense, perhaps even a common business practice.  I don't think that the rich Rogers executives deserve their pay if they can't properly negotiate an agreement with Apple as to the number of iPhones that they will receive and a likely shipping date. Any other common employee at any other common work place would get fired for such incompetence.

This online reservation system needs to be seriously revamped.  Salesmanship 101... sell what you have, not something you don't.  Rogers should wait until they have the iPhones in stock, then begin the online reservation system.  That way people would not be so frustrated and left in the dark.

But seriously here in Canada what are you going to do?  Get mad and leave Rogers and go to Bell or Telus or... wait those are our only options.

Although anyone with a high school education knows that the Canadian Wireless companies.. the big three, Rogers, Bell, Telus, are in cahoots with each other.  To deny it, seriously shows me the lack of common sense you may possess.  Canadians have the highest wireless bills.  Plans from the three companies are almost identical.  If the CRTC, which is made up of ex Rogers, ex Bell, and ex Telus executives, were to actual do the mandate of the CRTC we wouldn't be getting shafted by these companies.  Always remember, rich people stay rich by living off of the back of the poor.  If you are wondering if you are part of the poor or part of the rich... let me assure you.  You are part of the poor.  The rich are not reading this as they are playing with their Jet Black iPhone 7 plus'.

I Plan to Stick Around

@thewreford

couldnt have said it better myself.... definately deserves a thumbs up

I Plan to Stick Around

Just received an email from Rogers ....

Hi STANISLAV *****,
Your device has been shipped! You will soon have a new Apple iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black for the wireless number 416******, using the order ID DR-******. Here’s a reminder of things you’ll need to keep in mind about your reservation.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm Not happy. My friend on telus reserved his 7+ 128 Black last week and he already got it today. I'm calling telus in the morning to see if they can get me one and cancelling Rogers. Ridiculous. Rogers is telling me that maybe end of oct I'll get mine. Not happy at all right now.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Lonnie1313

Again i cant say much about stock with Rogers but one assuming could be that either Rogers isnt putting all the devices towards the reservation system and only at stores or Apple has it out for Rogers and giving them low amounts meanwhile other carriers are getting them faster.

It all deoebds but i do agree that the reservation system is failing at its highest point right now.
I Plan to Stick Around

What a joke. Was just talking to a Rogers report and he told me that the reservation system doesn't guarantee that you are one of the first to get a phone. It just holds it. Ummmm, so do I get a fast pass in Disney and still have to wait in line? What's the purpose of waking up at 6 in the morning to reserve a phone?