Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Just go buy the phone and sign on with Wind - problem solved!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Upgrade and new orders are a different system
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hthuynh

As explained to you before, yes its a different system for new activations, business and corporate customers and customer reservations. They are in different ques and lines.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @voodoo_ca

Sadly many don't see it that way unfortunately. If the forums wasn't here and the reservation system was not live, i would be sitting here watching hundreds complain that they need one and such. Everything any carrier does people will complain about it. Even the good things they do, people will complain.

Anyways they have choices in their hands to get the device they want not need. Some have actually wanted the device but it's not a need in their life..... The only time I see it as a NEED is if they have a broken phones which can't hold a charge or cant work at all. The ones with working phones just WANT the device and don't want to wait. I rather have the carriers and Apple give the priority to the customers that NEED a device but that won't happen because other will complain.
I Plan to Stick Around

I started @ 17 for 7 Plus RG 256gb then launch day, i went to 16, then 15 by end of launch weekend then it took and entire week to get to 14 mine still says open.  I have gone into 3 rogers store randomingly to ask if they had any instock. only 1 store asked if i had pre-ordered.  I was told by a rogers store that there wasnt going to be a shipment for 7 plus until Decemeber.  I prefer the good old days when there wasnt a reservation system and you had to actually go into the store on launch day to actually get the iphone.  Atleast then you knew they actually had the stock and if not then they usually got shipment within a few days and nobody was complaining about low stock or no stock.  I do not want to be waiting until December to get the phone i pre-ordered.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @serena780

To be honest I rather the reservation system just shut down to watch the many complain that it went down and no one can order. Then I would show them that even when it was up, many still complained. No matter what everyone will complain. It's in their nature and bloodline BUT to be fair, many on here just want the device and don't need it as many have gotten the last year's model or other new phones from last year. I rather see the ones that Need the device get it first.

Also agreed it was fun when we used to line up at the store and see if they gt stock or not. That was fun.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm an upgrade not a new activation.  apparently the lines are different for upgrades and new activations. i've been with rogers for close to 20 yrs.  I would prefer to go thru apple but i dont want to have to update my plan which i fought to get back in may of this year. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @serena780

You do realize that if your plan is not valid, you can't even upgrade at the store at the Rogers store or Apple store?. So you waiting for Rogers won't make a difference. Once you go in and they try to upgrade, the system will notify them that ur plan is not eligible and u need to change. So you need to call in and have them either change it or try to keep the same but have them see what they can do.
I Plan to Stick Around

You need to buy an unlocked phone and keep your existing plan - that's the only way and what I had to do with the iPhone 6
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @voodoo_ca

Exactly. Going to the Rogers store or waiting for the reservation device because the plan will change at Apple will happen even at the Rogers store. @serena780 you need to call into Rogers and have them either change the plan around for u to upgrade or keep the plan and buy the device outright by Apple. Those are ur only choices. Unfortunately all carriers are doing this