Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Has anyone actually had any luck reserving an iPhone 7+ 128GB Black at an Apple Store?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Cruella7009, I did receive my iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black just this past Monday.  I was supposed to receive it on launch day but the phone got shipped to another store in the Ottawa area so I had to wait until Monday as UPS shipped it to the Rogers Plus store I had selected when I made the reservation.  The Rogers rep did tell me that I was probably the only one to get a 7 Plus at that store.

If I recall, I think I was #64 when I first made the reservation, so there's has to be at lest 50+ people that got the same phone as me (assuming some canceled their order).  I have to admit that I was surprised that I got the phone that quickly.  I also reserved a JB 7 Plus 128 GB... was at #25 initially and now I am at #16 and status is still "open".

I Plan to Stick Around

@Cruella7009

I am making this post on my Black iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB that was fulfilled by Rogers. So I can guarantee that rep is not telling you the truth. The one in my hand as I type came from Rogers, not an Apple Store.
I Plan to Stick Around

@FedFan, yes I was able to reserve the 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black at the Rideau Center Apple store (Ottawa area) on Wednesday afternoon.  I was expecting to get a "sorry, phone is now sold out" message when confirming my reservation but surprisingly I was able to reserve it.  I gave the reservation to my friend as I already have a 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black and he wanted one badly as he got screwed by the Rogers reservation system (had his initial reservation canceled).  When he went to get the phone at the Apple store, they told him it was the only black one that came in that day. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@saupaui

Alright, that's cool. Was just curious because I'm #16 and #19 right now for 7 + 128GB Black for both my lines and I'm wondering if I should just wait for Rogers as I am quite close now. Plus I'm a ferry ride and a bit of a drive away from an Apple Store (those darn BC Ferries, lol)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nauthier

No one works for Rogers here. We here are users like you but know the system better then others. Remember some if us have been here for YEARS. like my self. Been doing the threads for the past 4 years for every single device that comes out on the system and know.

So no need to assume things and cause drama when it's not needed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Cruella7009

Foxconn manufactured the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.... From the same factory. So don't know where that information came from but it's way wrong. The iPhone 7 Plus like the 6/6S Plus was a huge success and Apple didn't make enough.

They also had issues with the Upgrade program in the US so most of their stock was switched over to that. Long story but read up on that.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix

Quick question, if I pick up an iPhone for my daughter at the Apple Store instead of Rogers through an upgrade, can I request to not have the SIM card activated? Problem is if they activate it right there on the spot, the iPhone my daughter is currently using will be deactivated, and she will be without a phone all day.

Rogers has always allowed me to do it like that when I pick up a phone for the wife, or daughter, and I normally call Rogers after giving the phone to my daughter to have the SIM card activated. I just want to make sure they can do it for me at the Apple Store as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@canamera they should be able to do that without a problem. i did it a couple years back when i got my 6 because i didnt have enough time to do a backup on my 5 before picking up my 6, they just told me to call in once i was ready. plus the sim from her current phone may just be able to transfer into the iphone 7 as well depending on what she currently has.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @canamera

Yes you can! Just tell them to activate the device but not the sim card as ur daughter was one already and it's a gift for her. Smiley Happy