Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @jeffrey_mtl

They should be able to activate the line with the plan alone and the u do the upgrade to the phone. They SHOULD be able to do this.

cant upgrade a phone for 30 days after activating a line or plan

no joke, ask rogers

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffrey_mtl

Indeed you are correct but that makes no sense to have that. The line will be activated without a device, so it should be able to upgrade within the time frame. Weird but it's true.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @jeffrey_mtl

Indeed you are correct but that makes no sense to have that. The line will be activated without a device, so it should be able to upgrade within the time frame. Weird but it's true.

in other words, you need to get the phone and activate the line at the same time.. if you get a line without a phone, the line is not eligable for phone upgrade for 30 days after activation... regardless if you are paying tab with it or without on top of your plan price

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffyjoe

Yes i know that.. What i am saying is that that shouldn't be allowed as others open a line and have to wait 30 days just to upgrade. Can't do much other then wait or wait until the device is available and lose that plan which sucks.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix @jeffyjoe

I guess if worst comes, I'll just call in an argue until I get the plan LOL (or I'll try to at least) I was expecting my phone right now, not in 2 weeks from now LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @jeffyjoe

Yes i know that.. What i am saying is that that shouldn't be allowed as others open a line and have to wait 30 days just to upgrade. Can't do much other then wait or wait until the device is available and lose that plan which sucks.

it does suck

i should have mentioned, it IS overridable if you get the right rep

everything is overridable if you get the right rogers rep lol

but mostlikely will reach the 30 days waitng for the new iphone anyways so moot issue there lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffyjoe

Exactly it's always the good ones that help u out lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffrey_mtl

Just do that and it should work with the right rep lkl
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, don't want to be stuck with two lines kind of thing...

I'm with Telus right now and planning to port my number in. I know I still have a device balance on my Telus account.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

If Apple is this bad delivering iPhones this year to Rogers reservations, I can't imagine what it is going to be like next year when the 10th anniversary iPhone comes out