Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

@Karthik_ Nice job! I like your style Smiley Wink 

I Plan to Stick Around

@kaleem I'd say doubtful

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dimundz88

Rogers doesn't have control over what devices it gets. Even if Rogers is upset that Apple diverted jet black stock to the US, what really can it do? It definitely is an unfortunate situation. I've had every iPhone iteration as well and I think I've come to a point where I'll just get them whenever they're available lol. That being said I'm picking up a matte black tomorrow so I'm being a tad hypocritical lol.

Hope at least a fair amount of people can snag iPhones tomorrow.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kaleem

Doubtful but who knows. Anything is possible but don't get ur hopes up.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to say this has been the oddest release I have been a part of...if something could have gone wrong, I think it did. I know it's only a phone, blah blah blah...it's also a principal though, it's a big letdown when you do everything you can to follow whatever process you have to follow and still end up getting shot in the foot. We say every year that the reservation process needs to firm up a little, and it seems this year it digressed moreso than in previous years.

Yes I was fortunate enough to reserve a model that had more stock than some of the others, doesn't make me feel any better about the situation as a whole. I've spent 3 days jibbering with all of you and none of us deserve the frustration a lot of you have dealt with 'just a phone' or not.

Here's to hoping that everyone that reserved, upgraded, consumer or business gets what they want sooner rather than later. I can't wait to hear everyones opinion on what they think of their shiny new iphones when you end up getting it.

Thanks to @Meowmix for hosting once again, your patience and knowledge astounds us all and we cannot thank you enough. Next time I'm in Toronto we should airdrop hahaha

To the rest of you...whether it be a phone, or whatever, if you want it, don't stop until you get it!

I'll check in tomorrow morning to hopefully hear some more positive messages

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

As much as I am probably going to prefer to keep the matt black i7 that arrives tomorrow from Apple in the end (normally around 11am UPS delivers each year) knowing the jet black that Rogers cancelled on me is probably not the phone physically for me based on Apple's disclaimer (I don't use cases), I am still dissapointed in how Rogers is handling the situation of cancelling the jet blacks on people with no warning, not even explaining the situation to their own staff.  

I get it is not their fault that Apple diverted stock back, but Rogers is responsible for making it right in my mind. That's why we pay them $100 each month for our cell phone, because we expect the best service.

Retail/customer service/etc. is becoming VERY challenging out there, you have to be ahead of the curve, especially with an economy that will be going back into recession (Canadians debt is increasing insanely fast) you need to maintain your clients and keep them happy because soon we'll be cutting costs and spending less.

Not saying Rogers will file for chapter 11 like many other retailers lately (Golf Smith/Golf Town, Aeropostatle, etc) but I'm just saying Rogers needs to make this right, even if it isn't 'their fault', they are still held accountable in the consumers eyes for promising phones for people who reserved, plain and simple. 

I won't be surprised if they just re-reserve my jet black and put me at the bottom of the list, telling me it'll be a few weeks. 

I'll probably get a $10/month credit or something for the next year or so to make up for it, lol. Your move Rogers. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@ragu13 Amen!

I Plan to Stick Around

When do Rogers stores normally get delivery of pre-order/reserved devices? If my local store opens at 10 AM, are they likely to recieve it by that time?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Obaid

It all depends on the UPS or Canada Post truck when it comes to each store.. No one has this answer other then the stores and even they don't have the correct answer.
I Plan to Stick Around

I am #81 for 128gb 7 plus black,  it's showed shipped.