Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

I always like the iPhone. Just these prices are getting crazy. I paid $349 also for my Note 7 plus some freebies etc. Also got another $50 off my bill that day so I essentially paid $299. It's an amazing phone. Tons of features etc but these prices are getting to be too much now lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Do we have any offical word of when this system is to open?

From What I know:

2014 -  iPhone 6 - It was to be opened at 6AM and instead was dropped on us at 3AM without warning.

From what I read:

2015 -  iPhone 6s - From what I gather was to be opened at 9AM and it was opened at 8AM ?

Thoughts:

2016 -  iPhone 7 - ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Th1ef

No not yet but it's been asking before on other pages :). The system it self is set to open at a specific time yet it opens on its own randomly at times. I noticed that my self.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

Agreed. Like i said, many won't be able to afford the higher end iPhone and thus will either drop in price or they won't be shipping many. They don't understand that Canadians or for that matter 80% of us do not have that much money laying around for a phone. No matter what the price Is. Oh well
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a couple toughts on the pricing... it is a good amount of money, but...

1. I use my phone every day - there are many other things we can pay a large amount for and we dont use them that much.

2. There are cheaper phones - but everytime I try and help people with "other" models they dont seem as easy to use as an iPhone. (Granted, I am more experiences with the iPhone)

3. The good thing about iPhones is they hold their value - my iPhone 6 that is about 2 years old is getting lots of interest for resale at a good price. It makes the upgrade MUCH less.

These arent cheapo phones - never will be - they are for a certain demographic.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @voodoo_ca

Thats fine but it Doesn't justify the price of $1,309 and $799 or more on a 2 yr term though. A phone is a phone let's get that clear lol. It costs Apple $389 I believe to built the iPhone 7 Plus from what sources have said. So they are making so much money off of it because people like us spend that much for a phone.

Anyways whoever has that much, sure go and get it but the ones that don't, find a phone with a bite pricing ( which you can). Don't spend that much money on a phone if you can't afford it or think u can't.. That's all I can say.

Anyways lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone send the reservation link? Mine dont work.

What colour will you get? And storage?

Thanks guys

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Vietjr

Have you tried logging into My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Reservation? Some Have said to down for now and I checked mine and still down.

https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ReserveDevice&setLanguage=en
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey meowmix do you know if on Apple Store website tonight you need to pay a deposit to reserve a phone or pay full price right away?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hendersonsarah

Nope. You are pre ordering and you will pay when you get to the store and pick it up!