Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Arsalan1

Your all welcome to say your opinion, no one is stopping you and no not many know about business practices. Only some but some act like they know everything i have noticed but I'll be polite as well and say that no, I am not defending Rogers at all. Just pointing out the obvious. Again we all think differently and some have been here for YEARS and should expect it as it hasn't changed
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm #6 of that model, no movement. I'd love if Apple published how many phones they shipped to each carrier, then we could see the leakage.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, we should all just keep expecting incompetency and bad service because we have experienced it in previous years.. we should be used to it.. instead of Rogers being the one who should improve and correct their service and systems and protocol, we should be expected to just take it or just pay up for full price at the apple store.. that is absurd..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bbiery

Sadly Apple won't do that. They already said they won't release the weekend sells of how many units got sold and the conference call for the Q4 won't I believe announce how many got sold but if it did, it won't break it down by carrier vs Apple store. They never have done that.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charlo1108

You know it as i do for so many years you have complained yet your still here right? Money talks... If it's a corporation account then unfortunately your stuck with it due to the corporate or business account ur on which is with Rogers but again you have other choices other then the reservation system. Now if those choices are not what you want, then u are stuck with the Rogers Reservation System. At the end of the day it's ur choice on what you do.

Again no one is denying that the reservation system has issues and I have named them year after year if u haven't seen that already.
I Plan to Stick Around

I would love to see the complaints if there wasn't a reservation system.
People going to their local spot to try and see if they have stock... still not being able to find out when phones are coming in and when they can get the model they want.

Rogers makes money when people have a phone and an associated plan - they want to have as many phones as possible.

It's a massive release for a popular device - there aren't enough and no one is going to tell you when there are more.

Everyone has a choice - and IMO all the big carriers have the same general problems and they all charge large for their services.

Lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, day 11 since launch is coming to a close and I am still OPEN at #2 for JB 7+ 128GB since the first day.. While we don't know how many Jet Blacks 7+ Rogers got in total, I know for a fact its not ZERO.. and I know for a fact that Rogers chose not to allocate any to the preorder lines.. since my position is frozen in time.. I guess I should be happy and grateful that I didn't get the very worst service Rogers had to offer and mine wasn't cancelled.. Thats what their customers have to resort to.. be happy that their service wasn't worse then it was..

I Plan to Stick Around

Management and the Exec's at Rogers must read these posts and laugh. They don't care. They would rather we vent our frustration on "Community Forums" so their front line staff can make time to solicit more lousy business filled with broken promises. Just an update...I started with #623 and am now at the mid 540's. I'll be surprised if my number dropped because of shipments. The reality is people are getting smart and are looking elsehwere for the phone, therefor cancelling their pre-order. A clear sign of revenue leakage and loss of market share. 

I Plan to Stick Around

What do you want them to do? Send the executives over to china to find some extra phones lying around? Or are they just boarding a little stock pile of phones and every night they have a little gathering around the phone pile laughing at all the customers they are pissing off by not passing them out...
I Plan to Stick Around

@serena780

did you order on the consumer side.

I just re ordered as a new activation and im #10 for it. Is the waitlist for new activation different from the consumer and business ones now too? i'm so confused