Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Strange indeed!. I just checked now (9:30 pm EDT) and it is showing me that I am still at #14. So does this mean these numbers represent your priority regionally and not nationally? I am in the Ottawa area.
As a side note, I have another reservation for the iPhone 7 silver 128 that I placed on the first day and currently I am at #3... was at #6 initially. So Rogers only received 3 iPhone 7's 128 GB (not Pluses) since launch day??. Maybe they got none and the three before me had cancelled?
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the device as a new customer and asked Rogers customer service if they can send me my SIM card now so I'm not without a phone and can use my current iPhone 6 until it arrives and they told me there's absolutely no way they can do that until I get my iPhone 7. Can anyone tell me how that makes sense?
I Plan to Stick Around

The 7 plus I picked up at the Apple Store already had 10.0.1 on it out of the box. Picked it up on Saturday the 24th.

Moved down to 47 for the 7 plus jet black 128gb.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I finally got in touch with a customer service rep that wasn't following a script.

He told me that he can't really know how much time it will take, and I told him I get that, but, why did Rogers not get one iPhone7+256Gb Black since launch? Because my position didn't move.

Asked him what the position meant. Canada-wide or per store... He answers it's regional. What??? I then explain that this is the third different anwser I get for this question. Why isn't this clear? He answered that he wasn't sure what the position really is. That what someone told him (regional). So even they don't know what it means. 

Anyway, it seems that I should be able to get the discounted plan that I'm hoping to get by calling before 8PM. I was waiting on the Rogers reservation because I was told by a rep where I found this discounted plan (for Ontario college of teachers) that I had to have the phone sent to him before he could activate the plan.

So, I will reserve the phone that I want this morning in the Apple Store then call Rogers to make sure they have access to this plan.

I hope to have my new phone by tonight.

I've Been Here Awhile

Was able to reserve a 7plus 256 gb Jet black today at the London store. 0800pm pick up will cancel my rogers resevation was number 51 Good luck everybody.
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple must be getting some phones in, I checked their reservation system this morning and they actually have a 256gb 7 jet black available. When I was there Saturday they got their first jet black display model of the 7.

Hope things get moving for everybody waiting.

Also the 256gb 7 plus matte black I picked up has the "hiss" noise but I can only hear it if I put my ear against the back of the phone. Even watching YouTube videos is enough to cause it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sascwatch

Yeah they are starting to get them in slowly which is great!

The huss noice is on the demos as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I ended up grabbing a 256gb matte black 7+ through Apple reservations and picked it up after work yesterday. And managed to stay with my current plan, there was no upsell to a higher priced plan either. Of course that means I shell out more for the phone initially, but would rather do that than lose my 6gb $95/month for 1 line and $55 for the 2nd one plan.

Will be cancelling my 7+ Jet black 128gb reservation with Rogers shortly...woohoo! Good luck, all!

Oh, does anyone know what a good price would be to charge for a 64gb 6+ silver in excellent condition?
I Plan to Stick Around

I got $450 for my 64gb 6 with a few scuffs on the top edge. I was asking $500, for your phone and all the stuff that came with it I'd ask $650 and take $600. A lot of people like having the unopened ear buds, etc. Makes upgrading a bit easier too.

I'm also on the same plan and couldn't justify switching to their new plans since it would be almost $130 per month for the same plan.
I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting for my status to change on the business side. My reservation spot shows as escalated/priority as of last wednesday, but my status still shows as "In Progress (pre-fulfillment)" - @orangefreddie mentionned his status changed to Finalization on the 3rd business day after he was escalated. If it hasn't changed yet I'm assuming Rogers has not received any 7+ matte black 128 gb yet. 😮