Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Just assuming, my status became shipped Last night at 11:44. that means it will be here today guaranteed?
iPhone 7+ 128GB black to Toronto area
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is now telling me my phone reservation was cancelled because I qualified as a 'business' account since there was a Ryerson University code on my account (FROM 10 years ago!) and this is considered an internal employee purchase. 

Never happened in 10 years though until now! What the? 

I Plan to Stick Around

For anyone that wants a non-jet black phone I suggest start calling Best Buy mobiles I am confident you will be able to get one today.... Jet black don't even bother ...
I Plan to Stick Around

How did you get that?! I've been still at #26 on the business side since day one with nothing happening.
I've Been Here Awhile

I reserved the same model and am in position 1. I live on the west coast and my local Rogers store hasn't opened yet but I hope I get lucky like you!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

got wet waiting for nothing, purolator even showed up delivering phones 3 mins before they opened, no pluses in any color any size, go figure.. the guy says NOVEMBER for non reserved people. says reserved phones are being shipped now, ya well i been #2 since day one for matte black 32gb 7+, im STILL #2 and STILL "OPEN"

utter garbage, exactly as i expected. the other carriers always go faster than the biggest one, rogers. every year. every, time. better not be weeks on weeks before something crawls to them, my previous phone is going to be worth nothing on kijiji by then.

this is sad. how many years now are like this? idk like EVERY SINGLE ONE? whats so hard about producing and shipping EARLIER, apple? rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

Once again screwed by Rogers.

I have a corporate discount through work. So my original order was cancelled and switched to the business side.

Finally talked to someone who said my device wouldn't be shipped until I changed my plan, as mine has expired. WHAT?

I had to contact them to figure this out. So after staying up until 3am to order, having that cancelled and switched and the people after me recieving their device, I now have to change my plan and then WAIT! Are you KIDDING ME?
I'm Here A Lot

@Th1ef Feel your pain! I was at the Apple Sherway Gardens this morning and it looks amazing. Fingerprint/scuff nightmare, but nonetheless, gorgeous (always bring Purell when handling demo phones!).

I'm interested in supplychain management (I was in charge or buying 3rd party products for a "somewhat well-known" retailer in Canada) and this really gives us some insight into Apple's forecasting system, and it's flaws. Gauging demand is not an exact science, but I would expect better given they're worth something like $725 billion. I'm assuming their production is based on forecasted demand from previous years' sales; the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus both had lower unit sales than the 4.7" versions (at least according to the data I was able to quickly pull). 

Also, they have 28 different iPhone 7 SKUs! (5 colours, 4.7" and 5.5", and 3 storage options - 2 in jet black). I guess they REALLY didn't forecast this properly. Really, they brought this on themselves.

They probably could have over produced, but the 6s generation was overstocked. They probably discounted the cost to their retail partners to sell through them, which would retailers overstocked on inventory that will be hard to move once the 7 generation became available for sale.

I know it's no comfort to you. My strategy for iPhone 7s and 8 is to become friends with a Rogers or Apple Store employee to secure one lol.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

Not all carriers got Plus models and most of them got only silver or Gold if that...

I csnt say what's going on but this time it's not only Rogers fault.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dimundz88

Really? How come they couldn't remove the code back then or at least when it expired