Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Update: 

I ordered a matte black during the black friday sale. When I saw that all the other colors got restocked, I chatted with rogers (3rd or 4th time) to see what was going on and they blamed supply issues and backlog of orders. They offered to credit my account the difference between today's price and sale price if I was able to get one in store.  

Badly needed a phone now so I tried my luck . First store I went to said they wouldn't process my upgrade because it was a corporate account (but the girl didn't even try on the system -- basically said they could get in trouble later on.) Was waiting at the mall while the gf was shopping so I figured why not try again (different from first store) and the guy processed it right away. He said usually it would stop them from processing if there was an issue. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ej8181

That is correct. Most stores can not proceed with the upgrade as their systems are not capable to do it as they get blocked and even if they do get access and aren't allowed, the rep can get in trouble. So i see why she never tried.

Good that the second store did the upgrade for u! Enjoy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Alkutraz

They sent me out a brand new iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB to replace my existing one due to a fee issues I had. ( They normally won't do that but speaking to a manager they override that and did it.).

So they do have them in stock but seems the business and corporate customer reservations are still waiting ( atleast for the JB model unless the 256GB isn't a big deal due to the amount)
I Plan to Stick Around

You know I was quite shocked to discover this weekend that two of my friends have received/will be receiving their iphones. Both ordered the 128gb Matte Black iphone plus. One ordered it two weeks ago (from bell) and received it on Friday (also, he too has a corporate plan) and the other ordered his in December and his will be arriving this week. Now, eveyone keeps saying that it's apple, they aren't sending enough phones out to carriers and I am arriving at the conclusion that it's just rogers fault. This is a mess. I pay monthly for a phone I do not have, I don't think it will change in the next little while, my current iphone 5 holds a charge for a whopping two hours and I need a phone.

Rogers is a mess and they shouldn't be forcing people to sign for new plans and pay monthly for them if they can't deliver the phones. This is absurd. Also just for reference still sitting in the 200s and ordered my phone Sept 26.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @courtney23

I wonder what is really going on. Have you spoken to the OOP after speaking to a manager?

This is getting a bit out of hand and I agree with that.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

2 weeks ago when I requested my number in queue for a 128 matte black iPhone Plus (was 248 in line) I asked about a 256 gb matte black or 128 gb/256 gb JB iPhone Plus and I was told they had nothing in stock.

The only thing they had in stock was the silver. I ended up just switching to the silver.

Next time I will be getting an iPhone, I will just buy it outright from the Apple Store.

This is the first time having a Rogers account (I used to be Bell and Wind customer - But since my work pays for my account I am subject to Rogers account) and it is a bad experience.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Alkutraz

Weird as they didn't have stock of mine for a weeks and then got it in stock and shipped me out a brand new unit. They should be able to send one out for u.

I feel this whole reservation system for the business and corporate customers has gone weird.
I Plan to Stick Around

Update: Went from 229 out of 500 and some on Friday to 41 out of 266! Seems like they got a pretty large shipment in, so here's to hoping I get it in the next few weeks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @courtney23

Thats good to hear! Hopefully they start moving everyone up and out!
I Plan to Stick Around

I already had mine from Apple prior to joining Rogers but I got from a 6s Plus Rose Gold 64GB to a 7 Plus Rose Gold 256GB.

This phone is simply fantastic 😁