Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed...

Apparently the only color they have in stock is Silver. 

I even asked about the 256 GB option and they have none of the colors...

I might change my order to the Silver..

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also located in Ontario. I've been waiting since the 3rd week in November for my corporate phone (which I use as my personal line too). No sign of it, no one can provide an answer up the chain as to when it will arrive.

Seriously, what the heck is going on that is causing the back up for corporate devices?? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@bowzy  Curious as to what you ordered.  I ordered in November and FINALLY  I got my phone yeah.  I ordered a rose gold 128 GB and believe me that will be the last phone I buy as it is going to last me many years.... lol

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @teresab

Glad you finally got your device!!! 🙂 Enjoy!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bowzy

For years it seems the business and corporate reservations have been delayed for weeks / months. Might be something going on but who knows.

Sadly yes as we all know reps have no answer as they have no way of communicating with the warehouse and the warehouse does not communicate out bounds sadly.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@teresab I just went with the standard black, 128gb.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have never had such poor customer service as I just had dealing with Rogers over this issue.

I ordered my matte black  iPhone 7 Plus 128gb on September 13 and have been inching my way through the waitlist.  I just found out today that a friend on the same corporate plan who ordered the exact same phone but in late November just received his, and for half the price that I had been quoted!

I called Rogers to find out how somebody ordering months after on exactly the same plan I was on could jump ahead of the queue and was told that there are two lists, one for people who reserved when the iPhone 7/7Plus was announced and one for after Rogers began receiving stock.  The Rogers rep told me that the list for early reservations does not receive any preference whatsover and that you actually receive your phone much faster if you wait a month or so to order!

I'm amazed that they operate like this and will be looking to terminate my contract and move to Telus tomorrow.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JD50

That is not correct in what the rep said. That is misinformation that they are feeding out. The wait list is the same all around. Did that person contact Rogers nd or contact the Office of the President and have them speed it up? That would help in a situation like this.

Goodluck with Telus. They aren't any better but again no carrier is.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

As I said my friend is on the same plan and ordered the same phone, but 2 months later.  He received an email yesterday that it was being shipped and then got the phone today.

I offered a few times to give the rep his name and phone number so he could look at the account himself to verify what I was saying and see what could be done to speed mine up but he had no interest.  

As an existing customer to have to wait over 4 months for a phone that I could get much faster by walking into any Rogers Store and signing up as a new customer is ridiculous.  And the fact that the phone reservation queue isn't going in order doesn't give me any faith that any one there knows what's going on or even cares.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JD50

What i am saying is that maybe he called in and speed it up? If not then maybe u guess he got lucky...

Actually no rep is allowed to access someone else's account unless the actual account owner is present or there. That's why he never did and not what you though he was " no interest". By law if he accesses someone's account without the account holder being present or if u aren't a account level one on the account, the rep can lose their job and a lawsuit can happen. That's ur answer on that.

Oh i agree. Unfortunately it seems to be something happening on all reservations I have seen in many years. Some get it faster then others and others wait. I do remember the iPhone 6 /6S some waited months as well for it. Maybe something to do with business / compare accounts but honestly there is no answer to this.