Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @modufour

Did you call into Rogers and see why it was cancelled? Maybe the email was sent out by accident or cancelled due to a issue?
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes of course I called and chatted with them. They say it's my fault.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @modufour

Have them escalate this to a manager. If the manager still refuses to do anything or look into it, have them escalate it to the Office of the President. They should be able to do something.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok I'm frustrated now reserved on the 9th sept hoping I would have my phone by now. Went from 64-24-8th. Was told I would have it before Christmas and I'm starting to get worried. Apple Stores have iPhones but can't get one cause they have been told not to touch corporate accounts. Can't go to Rogers store if they have some cause they can't touch corporate accounts. What happened to taking care of the customer!!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

@navster

Hello, I called in the other day to complain and he said that I could possibly get it quicker if I switched from the black iphone to a gold or a silver... so you might want to try that? But if you are stuck on the matte black iphone (like myself) we are in for a long wait. He apologized and gave me a credit on file which I appreciated a lot but there is nothing they can do until Apple decides to ship them some phones. I'm frustrated as well but from what I can tell it's not Rogers fault but more along the line of Apple's fault.

What I will NEVER understand is how apparently personal accounts get their phones before Corporate accounts. It should be a first come first serve basis, they really need to work on that.

I Plan to Stick Around

@courtney23
I'm sorry but it's Rogers fault as much apples. Someone screwed up! Some one didn't plan very well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@navster

No, I get where you are coming from but Rogers isn't the only phone company that doesn't have the phone in. Telus is backordered for at least 6 weeks and my friend is with another company and they told him he wouldn't receive it until Feb. I think it's absurd to wait this long and we may as well just wait for the release of the 7s but I have tried complaining to them and it got me nowhere.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @navster

Believe me as someone that has been here for a long time, I can tell you this has been the case for many years and all the reservations and not just the iPhone.

The problem with this reservation is that Apple didn't allocate much stock for carriers and carriers are stuck waiting around. It took weeks after for even regular customers to get it, I was lucky to get a iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB in store.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@navster @Meowmix

I totally agree with you @navster.

Here is an update on my story if you've been following along, without having to repeat it all over again... I called back in November, asked for a supervisor or manager to escalate. We are on corporate and I put in pre-orders on the day they opended in spots 1-10 of X all for JB models, two were Pluses for the 256GB. To cut the story short, and after speaking to many folks and supervisors at Roger's, I finally made my last call to Roger's in early November, spoke with a supervisor, and then further escalated and was speaking to a diff tier, I believe they're called the "Business Management Office". I explained the full situation, in fact one of the previous folks I spoke to 3 weeks ago was sitting right next to him, and then he, after the dozens of people at Roger's claiming they don't have stock, finally decided to do his own research! He was finally able to confirm, that no devices, specifically JB models, we're being allocated to the Corporate reservation line. In fact, while speaking to him I dropped from my #3 position (which is I was in since day 0) to #1, he quickly checked and confirmed that not a single device has shipped on this reservation line. Not only that, while he was on that phone we was also able to validate that other reservation lines for the exact same models we're in fact moving and being shipped, and also confirmed stock availability at a store not far from my location. He said "Let me see what I can do for you"... The next day I had recieved an email that my JB iPhone 7 Plus was on it's way, and recieved it that same weekend by their express service hand delivered! Only to find out he sent me a 128 GB instead of the 256. He was efficient and actually emailed me that same weekend himself catching the mistake and said he will get it corrected. I had my 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus JB, and all the other JB models we were waiting for shipped and recieved by Monday and Tuesday of that week using their express service!!! 

In other words, to summarize, Roger's has stock. This fellow was the first to actually look into it, confirmed the issue and the oversight on Roger's part, and said he would escalate it to bring it to someone's attention so hopefully there is a quick resolution. I've had my JB iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB now for just over a month. Unforunately the other user who recieved the identical model at my work place got a defective unit. I placed a repair/replacement order for him and we got his in 2 business days!!! Brand new 256 GB iPhone 7 plus JB unit b/c it was within the buyer's remorse/DOA period. 

So for those of you on corporate still waiting for a JB unit, like I said before, call Roger's and escalate, otherwise you will continue to be ignored. It especially helps if you are the corporate contact for your account because you have more lean with how and where you take your business.

I hope that helps and I hope you all get your devices before Christmas.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bqureshi

Again as i said the system is flawed for business and corporate customers..I noticed this for years. Problem is they put aside a few more for the regular customers but make the business and corporate customers wait for some reason. Due to security on the account? Due to other things? I don't really know. Sadly it's never been answered properly to us.