Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @navster

It seems that every years new iPhone comes out things happen with Rogers and I really do not understand why. I wonder maybe lack of training on the customer service representatives and stores. I wonder if the warehouse now is allocating devices that come in to the stores instead if the ones waiting for a long time.

This does need to get addressed and hopefully with the new CEO from Telus, we shall see some changes but i wouldn't see it coming for a few years unless they start immediately.

They need to revamp the whole reservation system and make it more easier and give u a few more options. Also if the device is such as a iPhone and the devices are at the stores, have specific stores around each town that has them to give them out to the business and corporate customers. I understand the security but some high end stores should be able to handle it. ( Unless there is a specific rule).

As for the plans. Every year I noticed that Rogers requires you to get the new plans to upgrade. It's not fair but seems like everyone is doing it. Just like Bell and Telus. They required all customers to go on their new plans if they wish to upgrade to a new smartphone ( not just the iPhone).

Hopefully everything gets fixed up.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone. So I debated for awhile if I should upgrade to the 7plus. I reserved today for the 256 rose gold. Now. How long have the wait times typically been? I'm currently at number 3. Also... is there supposed to be a 7s or 8 release early next year?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Sammy87

Well, if you are at #3 and just reserved you are more lucky than most of us. I reserved back in September and am only #344 on the list currently (but my account is a corporate account and from my understanding corporate accounts have a much longer wait). I do imagine there will be a 7s released in September again.

Hopefully you get yours soon.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sammy87

No one can be for sure when u will get ours. Unfortunately others have been waiting with their business and corporate accounts reservations since the beginning of the reservation system being up for the iPhone 7.

Yes there will be a new iPhone launched next September but unfortunately we don't know the name of it. It could be 7S or 8. Or anything else. That will be leaked out later on and announced in Sept of 2017.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

oh wow! thats such a long wait. you would think regardless that business or personal that the reservation numbers would be in sequence regardless. By that time the new release will probably be out. I should be thankful im only at number 3. but if it takes longer than the alloted 2-4 weeks ill just be purchasing from apple. My current 6s plus is on the fritz lately. Sorry youve had to wait so long

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks MeowMix... i recall you helping me with a previous reservation as well. *fingers crossed* that i won't be waiting too long.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

got my hands on the 256gb rose gold 7plus....apple is also doing upgrades for carriers as well for rogers bell and i think they said telus....if youre still waiting for a personal account upgrade id highly suggest finding one through apple.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

also i made sure to confirm with rogers that any device protection stays with the line doesn't matter where the phone is purchased...bonus
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sammy87

Yes you did! I'm here every year!

Yes indeed they do! Most here are with business / corporate accounts so Apple stores for most of those accounts can't access them or do upgrades. Most still still waiting or them.

Glad to hear you got the device! Enough it!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received an email today tell me that my device reservation has been canceled. I did not do this course... Hi have been waiting or my iPhone seven for three months now and I have been number one in the line for 2 1/2 months