Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

If my phone and phone bill wasnt on my works corporate account...I would've bought the phone a long time ago. Idk...

I Plan to Stick Around

And I am only ranting right now because of how @courtney23 mentioned she is now at 378? Like wow...

With Christmas coming up, its less likely that Rogers would use the limited stock they are receiving on corporate accounts. Most likely will be given to residential customers for sure.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Alkutraz

Oh i understand completely. Believe me a while ago I was in your position and many times have said the same actually!.

I wonder what's going on. Honestly at this point there should be more communication other then " waiting for stock" as u said it's not Rogers fault as they don't make the devices but there is something going on between Rogers and Apple.

Now Apple tends to give their own stores 80-85% of the stock which is normal. But the rest of the stock goes to the carriers so i want to know as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, I don't think our phones will be coming  any time soon and I understand that Rogers has limited stock but this wait is absurd, I only ordered this phone because my iphone 5 finally packed it in. They need to figure this out or at the very least give us some sort of time frame. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @courtney23

Unfortunately Rogers can't as they can't predict when yours will come as what if it doesn't meet that time frame they give out? Customers will get upset. Silence isn't the answer either but something should be done!
I Plan to Stick Around

"hey bro only use myrogers.com" <==THIS IS A SPOOF SITE. Should be removed from the above post # 45192 Unrelated to Rogers at all (anymore, since they let it expire). Fake survey offering a gift for which you must provide your CC info. Whois reads Bahamas and fine print reads Cyprus.

Always go directly to rogers.com and initiate contact that way.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jand_ottawa

Thank you. It's been already discussed! :).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers iphone 7 plus inventory and the way they have been dealing with this entire release is beyond pathetic. Im going to explain what happened with me, i wouldnt be surprised if everyone is also getting screwed by them also. 

So im on a corporate account, ordered the 7+ matte black 128gb when it was reservation back in early september (9th i believe) was one of the first few people in line. Bam it gets cancelled, big big issue happens with the fact that i spend 1 hour on hold to get a representative who doesnt know 1+1 let alone deal with rogers pathetic mess. After calling i would say 5 times, arguing, snapping and talking to two managers someone finally was able to say sir the phone will be there withing 2-5 business days! GREAT. i was superrrrrr happy. What happens, i wait and i end up getting the wrong phone shipped out to me (iphone 7 128gb) not the plus. I ended up calling back spending another 2 hours on hold, got someone to finally speak too. They apologized and said that i could go to the apple store and do the upgrade only when the old device is received back to them (took a week before they processed the return). After which i woke up everyday at 7am to reserve one on apples website. Finally got one after a week and a half of frustration and near misses. Once i go to the store i wait there for an hour get to the scanning part BAM rogers doesnt allow coroporate upgrades in apple stores. WOW! after being told i could do it with NO Issues at all i end up habving to call them infront of the apple rep to prove rogers said they could do it. Waited 1 hour and 22minutes before i got someone. I explained my immense frustration and told him that if for whatever reason my line gets discconected to call me back at my number (it happend before thats why i asked him) He said no problem. after him calling his boss and them running around he tells me sir im gonna transfer you to my manager. What happens almsot 2 hours into waiting, the line discconects and no one calls me back. I called back again, after waiting for another 45 min i told the apple rep to give the reservation to my friend. I spent the entire trip from the apple store to my house (45min in rush hour) waiting for a new representative so i can express my disgust. I get a hold of someone who seemed decent, said shell order the phone and ill have it in 4-6 weeks. I was . but finally someone who didnt make a mistake so after expressing my frustration and them giving me a tiny discount i decided to be patient. I waited 3 weeks and called them back to see if it actually went through, a new rep told me that i would never get the phone by the way this rep ordered it (some system called vision 21). I didnt care about the specifics but at that point i had enough, talked to his boss and let him have it. He said he would file a request to expeidite the process and have the phone to me sooner for all the trouble and that he will order it from the proper channel.I wait another day and call back to see what happened, they tell me nothing yet we are still waiting but your order is placed (oct 4th) so this dragged form sep 9 to oct 4. He said sir no worries worst worst case youll have your phone wihtin 6-8 weeks. Today is December 8th, i spoke with a rep yesterday after having mercy on them for two months. She was shocked and said shes going to go as high up as possible and get me an answer by monday (two days ago). She called me back with of course a useless response. She said sir im sorry i was told there is no given wait time, we have no idea when we are getting the device and there is nothing i can do for you, youll just have to wait more. 

Its December, 8th. I cant get my hands on a jet black device in most stores now, including bestbuy which has by far the worst inventory out of most of the stores. Truly pathetic experience with rogers. I am so dissapointed by their customer service and lack of transparency. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @elkhazendarramy

Unfortunately as i said many times Rogers does NOT know what devices and how much stock they get. No carrier does. Apple sends them whatever they want. Apple allocates about 80-85% of their stock towards their own stores. The rest are shared within the carriers.

As for the rep that told u about the business and or corporate accounts going to the stores. Unfortunately Apple stores can not go on specific business and corporate customers accounts. There are some they can but most they can't. This is a safety feature added by Rogers and the businesses. Most carriers of course have this in place.

The wait time is long. It's not easy to get one as i noticed the stores are getting them now but not as much.

Unfortunately this has been going on for years and it's something we all are asking to change.
I Plan to Stick Around

Elkhazendarryamy
I'm in the same boat reserved on the 9thsept. Very disappointed with Rogers and the whole process. Seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. If I knew that I would be waiting this long I would have not renewed my plan . I got screwed. I decided to renew and was told I would keep everything i had before and then after saying yes I went through my contract line by line to find out I had lost privelages, which I had on my old plan . When I asked to have it reversed the girl screwed up and said oh I'm sorry that plan is not available anymore even though she screwed up. Long story short I've been given the same run around as you have. I was # 64 and I've been sitting at 23 it's will be going into 4 months. The customer service culture is very poor with Rogers.