Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Roni,

likely cancellations, but  there was a giant shipment of phones to apple stores today.  lots of jet black 7+ 256GB and matte black as well so hopefully rogers got shipment too.  I noticed the movement mostly happens between 6pm and 7pm eastern.  

Writergal,

Most of us received our phones.  However, don't be surprised if it takes you 2 weeks to get it shipped to you once you hit "in progress".  That's how long it took a bunch of us.

I Plan to Stick Around

@charles1977:  I'm currently sitting at #6 Open, probably because someone cancelled.  Still waiting for that 7Plus JB 128 GB.  The only phones I see available are pink or gold...not really what I want...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @writergal

Yeah because those ones are easier to get. Not many want those ones. Everyone wants the Matte Black or Jet Black in 128GB or 256GB
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Question: how is it a Rogers store had 2 JB 256 for walkins and there are people on waiting lists since Sept 09? What's the point in reserving when the reservations barley move as all the phones are going to the stores.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alty

All depends. 4 weeks ago when I got my iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB at my local Rogers store they only have 1 reservation and 2 walk ins. Although one of them was went to be used as a demo device for the store manager, they gave it to me. The other walk in was given to them from the start but no one picked it up due to the amount it costed.

Again seems like a small amount of units slip out and go to the stores BUT we don't know what they are for. Reservations that were cancelled ( by not picking them up in store). Demo unit or what not.
I'm Here A Lot

As I see it, this time around reservation system is not working for those still on it.   My advise is to do some leg work by checking around stores and you may find the phone you are looking for as open stock is going out to stores. You can also ask them to do a store search.  If you find it, do your upgrade then cancel your reservation.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @twilcox99

That is correct. The store could do a store search but some won't bother. Then ask again to do one. The problem is that some may be golding the devices for their friends or other customers which have asked to put them aside ( you can ask the store to put a device on hold for 24hrs).
I Plan to Stick Around

My status changed to "In progress" today I was 49 in the line for a 7+ 128 Gb Matte balck!

hopefully I'll get it soon!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Qubit

Glad to hear!!!:)
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, no change for those of us waiting for a JB just yet...