Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @lucdumont

That is your choice. At this moment nothing can be done unless u find the device in another location and get it from there. That's all. Business and corporate customers can't do that as barely any Rogers store does business and corporate customers accounts.
I Plan to Stick Around

So has anyone moved at all since the big jump?  Who actually has a phone in his/her hands?

I'm Here A Lot

Of course it is my choice. Much like it is my choice to ditch Rogers one day when I get fed up with their horrible plans, horrible web site (that only works about 60% of the time), and this joke of a reservation system. 

What's your take on what the benefits of reserving via rogers would be?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lucdumont

You have the option to leave. No one is holding you back. Their plans are very similar to other major carriers which offer the same. Even Wind at one point will change. There isn't much else to go too.

Again the reservation system does it job but has its flaws. They do warn you that you won't be the first to get it and u may not be get it before anyone else but also they should invest in Putting more effort into the system then leaving it like this. As for business and corporate reservations they are on a different view. They have different security systems and different accounts then regular consumer ones.

As for the benefits, normally with other devices you get some sort of pre order bonus( they used to do this with the iPhone but seems like they stopped it). Most do it for that. Some do it because they don't mind waiting for a device as to them it may not be a priority and isn't that important to get it at launch or before anyone else.

Again it all depends. Everyone has a different view.

You might not agree with my opinion but that's your choice.
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone hear anything about the next shipment yet? I moved up a whole bunch a couple weeks ago and haven't moved since. Sitting at #13 for 7+ 128Gb Jet Black.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @World_of_Noise

Unfortunately no one here knows when the shipments will come.. As i indicated not even Rogers knows. So sadly u won't get the answer u are looking for.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hey guys,

you can tell from istocknow.com there was a big shipment of 256GB 7+ jet blacks to the apple stores.  alll stores across canada shows stock.  the 128GB version seems to be the rare one to get.  

it's pretty hard to find the higher capacity 7+ matte blacks too.  those are as rare as the jet blacks.

as tim cook says, they don't expect to hit equilibrium of supply and demand until sometime in Q1 2017 so don't be surprised if you sit in queue for a while.  Apple has to fill their own online orders and supply stock at their own stores.  Rogers is like 3rd in line to get stock along with Bell and Telus.  I have a buddy who's a mobile VP at Telus and their stock is just as slim.  As much as you can hate on rogers, we really have no other choices in Canada.   Apple is as much to blame on this as rogers is.  Tim Cook should go back to COO and run supply chain and leave the innovation to someone more creative.

eventhough i received my phone already, i still find myself checking apple supplies and stock.  Maybe it's the shareholder in me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977

I agree with you and that's something many haven't understood or seen. I get that they see devices at Rogers stores and not at the reservation but the stores only have 1-2 devices and even they aren't told if those were reservations or even demo units but told to sell them. As per my post, my store sold me a sealed demo unit they were supposed to have ( same normal iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB but for demo use).
I Plan to Stick Around

Are other colours (i.e. not JB or even matte black) more likely to be available?  I'm beginning to consider other colours.  I mean, I have a case, right? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Writergal,

The other colors other than black or jet black are definitely more easier to get.

I know i've walked into a bunch of rogers stores in the past and asked them if they had any jet blacks for the 7plus. Everytime they would respond by saying "no, but we have the gold and rose gold available".

Just doing a quick check on istocknow, you can see that their is stock of other colors available.