Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Stores are getting phones ahead of the reservation list.  That is way reservation list is broken.  

You arewiating on 7+ 256GB Matte Black - my store had 2 of these in stock last weekend and anyone could walk in and get it.  I wanted same but 128G.  They did a store serach and found one in a store in next city (20min away).  They held it and I got it last Sat.  Then I cancelled my reservation  (was at 21) and got depostit back.

Rogers should fullfil reservation list before sending out open stock to stores.

Rogers you have Failed.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @roni291522

Some stores but it's rare. Again even Apple stores haven't gotten many Plus models in all colors. Most who got a Matte Black or Jet Black are always out of stock or little to no stock. I was lucky the store got a 256GB JB iPhone 7 Plus but it was a walk in unit. Then I found it that model was supposed to be for the displayer but i got it anyways.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @twilcox99

So i guess by your saying Apple should do the same? Fulfill their own orders before their own stores get them? I know a few people that are waiting for their 128GB JB PLUS with Apple yet some Apple stores got a few a couple weeks ago. Since then they haven't received much.

But i do agree that the reservation system should get first batch ans the second batch should go to the stores ( only a small amount of the second back should go to the stores).

It seems the stores got a small portion (1-2 units) since launch and haven't really sold them as many are still waiting or bought them from Apple. Thus why some stores still have. I have personally contacted over 7 stores on a weekly basis and none of them have gotten at all since 3 weeks ago.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

but 2 weeks at #2 - i mean come on - that's laughable.

rogers shoudl just own up to how this reservation system works (or doesn't) and be al ittle more transparent.

what is the point of it if they ship some devices for walk ins? did the walk ins provide a $40 deposit? were they ever given the impression that the reservation system was going to give them prefered access to the phone? NOPE.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ask a store to do an inventory search.  Many stores across Canad had 7+.   

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @twilcox99

Read my post above. Again stores got units 2-3 weeks ago but never sold them. Also some stores have units devoted towards their displayers and selling them too i noticed. Also some Rogers authorized stores get devices from a different warehouse as they are privatized. Rogers Plus stores get them from the main warehouse but again all depends.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lucdumont

Also the reservation system doesn't guarantee you will be the first one to get the device before anyone else. It states that on their FAQ, first page of the reservation system and on the side before u did the reservation. Reading is the best thing to do at a time when u do a reservation or pre order.

Now again i agree that the reservation system has flaws and that the devices are heading to Rogers stores before the reservations. It seems like a warehouse issue causing this.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This is part of the problem - stores should not get them if there are people waiting on a wait list.  

I was on wait list from day 1, ended bypassing this by being a 'walkin' to a store that I found had the phone I had orderred (7+ MB 128Gig).  

I should not have to run around to find my new phone when it is reserved.

BTW - I am only talking about Rogers not how Apple sells to in many customers.  To repeat above, if Apple sends 1000phones to Rogers, and Rogers has 1000 people on the list and has 1000 stores.  the 1000 people should be served first - hence the reservation, and stores get 0.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @twilcox99

Unfortunately doesn't work like that. They put most of their shipments towards the reservations and some will go towards the store. Just like how Apple does which is the manufacturer of the iPhone. It's the same thing happening with people which pre ordered with Apple yet still waiting. Yet the stores got them. They are doing the same.

I do agree it needs to change and most if not all should go towards the reservation but unfortunately it's not working like that.

They do need to fix things. That I agree.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well then this is the last time I am ever going on the registration system. It's ridiculous and honestly what's the point of it all then if the phones go nilly-willy all over the place? What's the benefit of even being on the reservation system?