Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Agreed. I've been stuck in the 50s since the last big batch adn no moves since then.

It'd be nice if in the status page they include a time estimate too....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lucdumont

No one is saying that. Rogers has received them but seems only a small batch and seems that they went to the stores instead. Even the Apple stores in Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary barely get Plus models as i noticed every day. So i do wonder what is causing this delay.

The store I went too about 2 weeks ago, they had 2 reservation for a 256GB JB iPhone 7 Plus and 1 walk in unit. I got the walk in unit as i returned my Note 7 due to the recall and the guy was there to pick his up. His wife was waiting for the 128GB JB PLUS model.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Qubit

Again as much as i want to.agree with the ETA, they won't do it for obvious reasons as i said before. They did it and sometimes failed, many complained so they took it down.
I'm Here A Lot

How is the numbering/wait-list set-up anyway? Is the wait list store specific or it's giving an overall number throughout all Rogers stores. My number is going down one-by-one and I am wondering if they're only getting 1 device at a time.

I am currently at #10 for my 7+ 256GB Matte Black! (Business account)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @roni291522

The numbers are Canada wide for each model and color. It has nothing to do with locations or stores or cities.

Most likely cancellations that's why ur going down like that.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This whole Roger's iPhone reservation stuff is just a bunch of malarkey! total malarkey!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it has to be cancellations. In my case, if I don't get it in the next two weeks I will have to cancel the reservation as I have a big trip ahead.  Do you guys know how long they keep it in the store after receiving it? Do you lose the reservation fee if it goes to the store but you are not there to pick it up?

Also, I understand that estimates are difficult to make... but they do still help if they include it when they think they will receive the next batch. It looks to me that they allocate devices to reservations in batches so they do have some control on the estimates.

If we had as much information as the logistic channels of Rogers the wait would feel so much better... That's my opinion anyways.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bqureshi

Well it works like that with all reservations. So it's not only for the iPhone. Although the iPhone has more reservations and more users wanting one.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Qubit

The store will keep it only for 3 days. You can alternate arrangements with the store manager an see what they can do.

As i said on my first page, once it ships out u will get the reservation fee credited back to u or if u cancel ur reservation.

I agree with what you are saying BUT They have no control on which shipments come in and that's something many don't understand. They do state 6+ weeks on their website which is a indication as per what u are asking but they can't give a actual date if they don't have one and can't get one.

Many companies don't do that unless they are the manufacturer and even then they don't. Rogers did that and had many issues and complaints. Pulled it off due to that. So customers complain because the dates are not accurate and customers complain because Rogers doesn't give a ETA because they have no clue when they get shipments.
I'm Here A Lot

So does this mean if there's a stock coming in at some other store (maybe different province) for the device I ordered, will that device be shipped to my store (where I will pick up from) to fulfill my order?

Only then this common wait-list makes sense.

I am hoping I get it by next week (being at #10)