Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @roni291522

Once you get it, you will love it believe me. Having the iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB is amazing! Not as amazing as the Note 7 but close to it (many features are different).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix,

how do you have so many different phones all the time?

do you buy them and then sell them a couple months later to try another phone?

i get like 3 different phones a year.  you definitely top me.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977

I usually get all the devices that come out. I do upgrades on both my accounts. The only devices I kept was the G3 I got a gift from Rogers, Blackberry Passport and my Priv. The rest I sell and never use the accessories so the value is a bit better. I use them and sell them after. The iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB I might keep. Depending in what the next iPhone pricing is.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This time I found that the Reservation system failed in a big way.  Tried to log a complaint on this but could not seam to do so from calling in.  From Customer service got a bunch of wrong answers (like stores have access to the resvation list and will call you if they get a phone - they dont and wont unless they get your reserved phone) and they also could not resolve this and referred me back to the store which they could do nothing.

Here is the issue.  Being on a reserved list should put you ahead of anyone not on the list and I would expect Rogers to fullfill this first as you have loyal customers in a queue waiting for their device.  But as I found out Rogers stores are getting phone to sell ahead of anyone waiting.  After a week of running around stores I found my device (same one I had reserved - also during this a store serach was done and same phones were found at stores accross Canada - why is this?) .  As for my reservation - I am still on the list (whcih I just cancelled).  So if the resevation list was proper I should have got my device prior to any shippments to Rogers stores. 

Therefore I find this resevation list to be a fail.  Why offer it to cutsomers if you are going to bypass it.

Very upset and fustrated on this.  For future I surgest you review and correct this.  Also, I would start fullfilling reservations rather then sending out phones to stores.

For anyone reading this who is waiting for their reservation.  Start checking stores if you want your new phone.

thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So here's an update:
Received 2 out of our total phones ordered yesterday.

128gb iPhone 7 jet black - corp side.

Still no movement on all of our other jet black orders which includes various models and sizes.

Also, still haven't heard back from the exec office regarding our escalation. I can't wait to get the survey for Rogers, worst experience being with them. I wonder what they'd do if I took this to news media...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure if this is the right place for this question so please don't yell. Originally I did a device reservation but I dropped into a rogers plus Store near my work and was told I couldn't do a line upgrade for three months so that would be mid December (I did this inquiry at the store in October). I don't argue with Rogers Store employees since they are always grumpy. I just nodded said thanks and left. Back at work I cancelled my device reservations assuming there was no point. However I was poking around the myrogers portal last week and found that despite what the women in store said I could go through with my device upgrade online. Fast forward to yesterday I still didn't receive a confirmation email about the upgrade request I placed so I did a online chat and was assured that the upgrade went through but the phone won't be shipped for another 5 days (iPhone 7 128GB Rose Gold). An hour after the chat I got a phone call asking for verification that it was actually me the account owner that placed the upgrade request of course I answered his questions he seemed satisfied with the answers and hung up. My questions are however many, why did I get two answers about my upgrade eligibility with one being wrong? Why have I not received a confirmation email about my order, it seems that I when I originally placed the reservation I got way more information than when I did the upgrade request? The last question is a long shot but any news of when the warehouse will get anymore iPhones, I didn't order any of the black models and I picked a colour that I've been hearing is not very popular in the hopes I would be one of the few to order one thus get it quicker but seems it won't even ship until next week? I hope I don't get yelled at for posting my questions!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Elliotjoh95

For the confirmation email, sometimes some will not receive it or it may be on ur Junk folder or spam folder. I have placed orders with Rogers and sometimes never receives that email. It does happen sometimes.

As for the question. The stores reps are barely giving any proper answers. Always take whatever they say with a grain of salt.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your quick reply! I hope I get my iPhone soon, more than anything I am just frustrated because I was #6 in the reservation cue when I was told I couldn't do the upgrade so now I am back at the bottom.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Elliojoh

Unfortunately that's why never believe them until u see it. If the online portal lets u do the upgrade, u are fine 🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well I've been stuck at #2 now for over 2 weeks so this system is completely flawed. Anyone who tries to tell me that Rogers has received less than 2 iPhone 7+'s in the last 2 weeks must think I'm really dumb.