Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @ziglaub

Glad to hear! Enjoy!
Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

For me it's the third week without changes in the queue. I'm still 54 in the Black Matte 7+ 128....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Qubit

So i was looking back at my old reservation threads I made and i noticed some business and corporate reservations took almost 1-2 months to get even though they had stock. Now I do remember something about the accounts work differently then the consumer ones and that they had more of a security features on them which they have to do activations and such differently. Now this could have changed but this is form reading almost 1,000+ pages within the last two days on my old reservation threads.
Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Well... I'm on the consumer side and I have been around 54 in the line for about 3 weeks now since the last batch came in. I'm not sure how it can be that there is stock and we're still waiting.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Qubit

I do want to know what k causing delays but even the Apple stores in Toronto barely get any Plus models. I call once a day in the morning right when they open for my buddy and he tells me they barely get any and if they do its only 1-3 devices every two days or so.
roni2915
I'm Here A Lot

I'm on the corporate side as well and now i'm #11 in line for the 7+ 256GB Matte Black. I am eagerly waiting.. People on YouTube are making reviews such as "1 month with the 7+" and I'm here sitting like, when am I going to get this!!!!!

Man, It's so hard this time.. Hopefully you get your device soon! 🙂
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @roni291522

Once you get it, you will love it believe me. Having the iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB is amazing! Not as amazing as the Note 7 but close to it (many features are different).

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix,

how do you have so many different phones all the time?

do you buy them and then sell them a couple months later to try another phone?

i get like 3 different phones a year.  you definitely top me.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977

I usually get all the devices that come out. I do upgrades on both my accounts. The only devices I kept was the G3 I got a gift from Rogers, Blackberry Passport and my Priv. The rest I sell and never use the accessories so the value is a bit better. I use them and sell them after. The iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB I might keep. Depending in what the next iPhone pricing is.
twilcox99
I'm Here A Lot

This time I found that the Reservation system failed in a big way.  Tried to log a complaint on this but could not seam to do so from calling in.  From Customer service got a bunch of wrong answers (like stores have access to the resvation list and will call you if they get a phone - they dont and wont unless they get your reserved phone) and they also could not resolve this and referred me back to the store which they could do nothing.

Here is the issue.  Being on a reserved list should put you ahead of anyone not on the list and I would expect Rogers to fullfill this first as you have loyal customers in a queue waiting for their device.  But as I found out Rogers stores are getting phone to sell ahead of anyone waiting.  After a week of running around stores I found my device (same one I had reserved - also during this a store serach was done and same phones were found at stores accross Canada - why is this?) .  As for my reservation - I am still on the list (whcih I just cancelled).  So if the resevation list was proper I should have got my device prior to any shippments to Rogers stores. 

Therefore I find this resevation list to be a fail.  Why offer it to cutsomers if you are going to bypass it.

Very upset and fustrated on this.  For future I surgest you review and correct this.  Also, I would start fullfilling reservations rather then sending out phones to stores.

For anyone reading this who is waiting for their reservation.  Start checking stores if you want your new phone.

thanks