Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Docrob29

Just checked. No Apple store seems to have any Plus models on any GB OR color. Seems like even Apple is having stock issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix,

What's the longest you've seen an order sit in "in progress" for?

it's been 8 business days now.  there's no excuse for that.  they wouldn't put an order "in progress" unless there is inventory for that order.   unless someone messed up.

Do you know what department i can talk to who's in charge of that process that can give me answers?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977

Unfortunately you won't be able to speak to them as they aren't front reps. The warehouse does that. They don't speak to the customers or public.

In the iPhone 5S thread I do remember someome waited almost 2.5 weeks to get theirs. Their was some delay with UPS and the warehouse.
I Plan to Stick Around

okay.

what if i find the phone at the rogers store.

can i buy it there, and then forfeit my reserved phone when it ships, and still get my $40 reservation fee back?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977

Yes i explained that on my first post on page one. If you find the device anywhere else and buy it from there, you can cancel the reservation if the reservation is in OPEN status and the refund will come to u for the $40 reservation fee. If ur status is IN PROGRESS then you will have to wait until it ships out to get that $40 reservation fee back but u can still go upgrade anywhere else if u find the device. Once the store calls u about the reservation devices, let them know u don't want it and to sell it to someone else.
I Plan to Stick Around

Im on the corporate side and was #4 forever! I was waiting and waiting until I had enough and found an Apple store that had the 128gb Jet Black 7+ in stock and was all over it, reserved it and picked it up that night.  Been using it fora week and it is great.

Funny thing is, I called in to Rogers to cancell my reservation and the rep had the gull to tell me that mine would have been shipped out this week.  I said really, before I called in to cancel they had no idea of stock or where it was coming from and now that I found a phone on my own they all of a sudden have info on stock and shipping times?  really?  What a joke.

My advice is to give it up and go for a hunt of an Apple store, you'll be waiting until the iphone 8 comes out.

I know what I need to do next September and it doesnt involve Rogers reservations.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Impact9

They are trained to try and keep ur order instead of cancelling it. The reps are the last ones to get my kinda of information.

Again as we all said and u said, better check Apple next time.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats not what happened at all @Meowmix, they werent trying to keep my order, they said that it was a good idea for me to track it down to an Apple store, the comedy of all of this is that they all of a sudden knew had my phone and were ready to ship this week?  Where was this information when I called in numerous times before finding my phone at an Apple store.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Impact9

Yes that too. Did it ship out? If not then they didn't know and it was a assumption. That's all. Reps always do thay that's why i always take what they say with a grain of salt.

If it did ship out then the system most likely updated and showed them that information.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@charles1977 Rogers twitter support told me today that "'In Progress' means there is potentially inventory that may cover your order."

At least when there was a number and you checked it, even if you only dropped one spot in a day, at least you knew where you were in line.