Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Who's really surprised though? Again, Rogers has us corporate customers in the bag. I still find it hard to digest though...Not one, I mean still...not even ONE SINGLE device????

How does one makes sense of how this process works or is designed? Is someone on the business end sitting there thinking..."Man, what a great job we did with this!"? I'm guessing that has to be the case, because preorders have been an issue from the get go. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine went to Shipped last night.

I was #36 on Launch day, dropped to #6 last week and just went "In Progress" for 7+ Black 32gb Wednesday night.

I Plan to Stick Around

So after being #2 since the first day for JB 7+ 128gb and not budging till Wed when it went IN PROCESS, it still hasn't been shipped out to my store and I'm leaving for a week out of town.. What a joke Rogers is.. Worse customer service ever
I Plan to Stick Around

I got tired of waiting.  I got a rep to escalate for the cancelation of my "corperate" order and was able to do so.  Next day I reserved a device at the apple store.  Walked in.  Asked if they could attempt to upgrade, he couldn't.  I bought it outright.  Iphone 7+ 128GB Black.  Picked up a series 1 watch too.  Loving them!  Frustrations over.  I needed the phone before a trip so had to get rid of that stress.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charlo1108

As you know, it does state it can take 1-3 business days to Ship out... So it could well ship out tonight for tomorrow or Monday for Tuesday.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Staveros

They may have us in the bag for the actual phone service, but are they not losing on phone sales? I am sure they must make some money on each phone they sell, so this frustration is causing corporate customers to cancel their orders and buy the phones directly from Apple.

Just does not make any sense to me.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing makes sense because Rogers does not operate efficiently or smartly. Theyre also too busy trying to attract new customers with promos and doesn't care about existing ones since in their mind they already suckered you in. Glad to see other people's devices that went in progress the same time as mine ship but not mine. I'm looking so forward to it arriving while I'm out of town for a week. Good thing i woke up to pre-order at 6am sharp so that I can still not have it a month later
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @marwana71

They make the money on the services and plans then devices. Remember they buy in bulk so they pay way less then any of us and this goes for any company while they do make some sort of cash from. The devices, their money comes from services. Like Best Buy for instance, they sell u a laptop for cheap but to make money, they add services ontop to compensate that.
I Plan to Stick Around

I suppose I'll see a bigger jump (I'm currently sitting at 94 for a JB+ 128) soon, considering some of you (#20 and above???) are already in progress?

I Plan to Stick Around

@writergal wrote:

I suppose I'll see a bigger jump (I'm currently sitting at 94 for a JB+ 128) soon, considering some of you (#20 and above???) are already in progress?

nope not yet

i am currently position #2 open for jet black iphone 7 plus 128

i started opening day (sept 9th) at 6am at position #16

i was at 12 two days ago, and jumped to 2

have been at 2 open since then

wondering if wed is when they move? not sure