Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voodoo_ca
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

What do you want them to do? Send the executives over to china to find some extra phones lying around? Or are they just boarding a little stock pile of phones and every night they have a little gathering around the phone pile laughing at all the customers they are pissing off by not passing them out...
serena780
I Plan to Stick Around

I started @ 17 for 7 Plus RG 256gb then launch day, i went to 16, then 15 by end of launch weekend then it took and entire week to get to 14 mine still says open.  I have gone into 3 rogers store randomingly to ask if they had any instock. only 1 store asked if i had pre-ordered.  I was told by a rogers store that there wasnt going to be a shipment for 7 plus until Decemeber.  I prefer the good old days when there wasnt a reservation system and you had to actually go into the store on launch day to actually get the iphone.  Atleast then you knew they actually had the stock and if not then they usually got shipment within a few days and nobody was complaining about low stock or no stock.  I do not want to be waiting until December to get the phone i pre-ordered.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @serena780

To be honest I rather the reservation system just shut down to watch the many complain that it went down and no one can order. Then I would show them that even when it was up, many still complained. No matter what everyone will complain. It's in their nature and bloodline BUT to be fair, many on here just want the device and don't need it as many have gotten the last year's model or other new phones from last year. I rather see the ones that Need the device get it first.

Also agreed it was fun when we used to line up at the store and see if they gt stock or not. That was fun.
zerothree
I Plan to Stick Around

Reservation.PNG

Anyone know if there is a major backlog? Reservation was made on September 16 and started at Position 115, seems to be trickling down a couple positions a day and at this pace I won't see it for the next 45-50 days or maybe longer! 🙂

PS: This is on a corporate plan lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zerothree

Around 80-85% of devices that Apple makes go straight to the Apple store. Carriers get small amount to them. They haven't received a good shipment yet it seems.
xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around

For those waiting on 7 plus, seems like Apple is starting to get a lot more stock now. I would recommend checking regularly at your stores at 8AM or during the day. Ironically enough, today I randomly check and there was a 7+ 128gb in stock at the Apple Store in Ste-Catherine Montreal (the one I wanted). It was there for at least 2 hours on the Apple reservation system. 

@Meowmix - (and anyone who got a Matte Black phone) Any recommendation for cases? I'm looking for a case that won't hide the sexiness of the Matte black lol -  I bought a spigen ultra hybrid clear case but it doesnt seem to blend too much with the Matte Black. I was thinking of bumpers too. 

aman123
I'm Here A Lot

I got my iPhone from the apple store on last Thursday, and canceled my reservation right as I bought it. To everyone whos in the Vancouver area and is looking for a phone, try apple couple times a day because I randomly found the phone I wanted and got it the same day. I still come here in this dicussion to see if some of ya'll have got your phones and from the looks of it most of you guys are still stuck on the same number, or have went lower a few numbers. Rogers reservation is the worst thing ever lol, if you really want the phone just go on the apple site once a day and see if they have it in stock. Because chances are, your not going to see ur phone till november - december. 

iiLtnGeneralzZ
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is not fulfilling any corporate orders up to today.

I'v been in line position 30 for the 7+ 256GB Black since the 18, due to the fact that Rogers cancelled my order cause it was ordered incorrectly. Since then, I'm now at position 26 and after speaking with multiple reps, those 4 infront of me have just cancelled their orders because they have not yet shipped any 7+ to corporates. This is pretty frustrating since it's no longer a "pre-order" now, and that regular consumers can just walk in and beat us to it. Rogers knows that we need to get our phones through our private account dealer, and that we can't just upgrade at the store, so they're now withholding our phones until their "new consumers" or regular consumers get their phones first.

jdalpine
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone have an update to share as to when they will start processing pre-orders? It seems I am able to obtain more info from this group than from Rogers as a company. Pathetic if you ask me.Thank you for the info.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdalpine

No one once again has that information. The reps will give different information to everyone so no one has thay exact answer you are looking for Sadly. It's a waiting game at this point.