Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

There have been a few on this forum pretty low on the non-corporate side and they haven't moved at all.

It's actually pretty pathetic how Rogers have negotiated this deal with apple on both the corporate and consumer end.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arsalan1

Again it's Apple controls everything that has to do with the iPhone. So carriers are at their mercy when dealing with them a long time ago Verizon even said that as well. So it seems that carries sign the agreement so that way they can carry the device and not disappoint customers by not carrying it. Rogers sign the agreement so that way they won't have headaches after.

As for what happened with cancellations of the reservations, that's new and never happened before. So that I must agree that it was a huge problem which caused many to leave. I wonder why this happened now but not on any other reservations for any device. Hmm.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow i reserved through the business side and im 124th for the I7 + 128gb Rose Gold....

I called  rogers and they told me only one store can do my upgrade for my corporate plan so my order online won't work. The store has to do the reservation for me. I call them and they told me to reserve as a new activation and cancel the business reservation.. and now im number #74 ?? 

Is this the same waitlist ast he consumer side??? i thought the numbers much higher ?? Can someone tell me their spot on the waitlist for consumer side?

Sigh i saw the phone i wanted looking thorugh apples reservation system today.. i wish i can just upgrade there

Also does anyone know if the 40$ will be refunded when the phone ships to the store or only if you pick it up/cancel it

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hthuynh

It all depends for each model and each section. The business and corporate customers reservations aren't the same as the consumer ones. So yes they are different

As for the $40. If you read my post 1 on page 1 you would see that the $40 reservation fee will be credited back to you once the device ships out or when u cancel the reservation.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you read my posts from earlier, one can only be understanding to a certain extent. Rogers is a major telecommunications company in Canada and can surely negotiate the delivery, that is common practise in any industry that involves big players.

My problem is with the pre-order bit, if Rogers is aware of how Apple works, then they shouldn't offer it knowing very well that they can't meet the customer commitments due to whatever reason.

At this point, I couldn't care less about what happens in the back end, it's what the current state that's what matters. They have failed to deliver, end of story.
I Plan to Stick Around

Why even bother to have a reservation option when you supposedly dont have stock or bother to follow the order of your reservation sequence?  For curious ppl i pre-ordered sept 9 at 6:30am and was 17 in line and now am 14 for iphone 7 plus rose gold 256gb.  I know that there is stock available as apple certainly doesnt have any iphone 7/plus on backorder.  It seems as if its only rogers with this issue every single year just to create hype and dont bother to fullfill their reservations as promised. As a friend pointed out if i was 17 in line for the entire country then my order should have been fullfilled on launch day not1,2, or 3 months after the fact.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arsalan1

That can be said about most US carriers and Canadian ones which didn't get any. If you read Apple gave the green light to most countries to have the launch at the same time compared to the years before, making the devices less and less in warehouse. Again i do blame Rogers at some parts but it's out of their control for this particular matter which many blame but don't understand things that happen. Most on here blame Rogers for the pre ordered and devices not coming but not one of the Users that blame Rogers sat and think about what happened in the back end, what is on their contract by Apple and all the other things. People love to blame but never think.

Also its a device. There are other ways of getting it for most. Some business accounts can upgrade at the Apple store. Now again the system has flaws thay I won't deny
I Plan to Stick Around

I and many others have stated their opinions here, and most believe the Rogers pre-order is garbage. 2 wrongs don't make it right, besides, people who pre-ordered through Bell and Telus have started to receive their devices, unlike here where people for non JB versions are waiting.

We can go on and on about this, and you are more than welcome to defend Rogers. Many here understand business practises and believe they goofed up big time, rightly so.
I Plan to Stick Around

Goof up is the polite way of saying it. The only reason i "pre-ordered" with rogers was 1. Can't afford the phone outright. 2. due to my current plan i which i want to keep. It seems that everyone is getting both new black colors and are getting them... So why is it so hard to get the rose gold? Also why cant rogers admit their mistakes with the iphone 7/plus reservation?
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is the latest update I got from Rogers regarding corporate accounts. Note that I had ordered the iPhone 7 Plus silver 128GB:

"Silver has been a very low supply SKU. The good news is we have healthy deliveries planned this week and next, so it should start moving quite a bit."

Not sure if this applies to other colours, but it was a response I got for my specific order. Hope it is not just empty promises...