Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Is anyone able to explain how the position number works? I am also curious about how the Apple Store is able to obtain more product than the carriers? If Rogers knows that there would be no product available for at least 3-4 weeks after release, then why even both opneing pre-orders so early.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdalpine

Your number in the reservation system is nation wide, not province or store wide.

Also i have explained it a couple of times here that Apple is known to favour their own stores then the carriers. It's been like this for years. Of course Apple would favour their own stores. This way they can keep customers going to them. The Apple stores receive about 80-85% of the stock and the carriers receive the other 15-20% of the stock that's left. That's why most favourited models go to the Apple store before carriers. That's how it works.

Apple again controls the pricing, pre ordering, models and everything that has to do with the iPhone and launches. So if Apple tells them to do something, they do it. It's under the agreement they made with the carriers back in 2008 when they brought out the iPhone 3G in Canada. Since then carriers have no say. Apple has full control of everything to do with the iPhone in all companies it's with.
I Plan to Stick Around

No one has a clear understanding it seems, some were told by Rogers it was national while others provincial.

Exactly, absolutely no point in pre-ordering with Rogers.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arsalan1

The reservation system is nation wide as i have mentioned many times and also on my post on page 215. The reps on the phone aren't trained to deal with the reservation system thus they don't know.

There is no " provincial" wide system.. That would make things difficult. So it's nation wide.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ALL models of iPhone 7 128gb and 256gb (including Jet Black) now available at Upper Canada Mall, Newmarket Apple store.

Swarm, Swarm!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I am a corporate customer and have been very disappointed in Rogers customer service. I have sent 6 emails to the business/corporate email line (which is supposed to have a 48 hour turn around time) and have still not received a response. This is in addition to being put on hold for 3 hours last weekend (with CSR being completely useless). 

I completely understand the lack of supply to Rogers, however, they make the process extremely difficult for corporate customers to upgrade. Effectively, they monopolize the market and prohibit corporate customers from even having the option of getting the phone elsewhere. My current phone is not fully functioning and I am in desperate need of a working phone as I rely on it (and was hoping to upgrade to new contract). I was able to get the phone I want ( 7+ black 256gb) from the apple store at full price and was hoping for Rogers to credit me the subsidy difference with proof of purchase. Rogers does not seem to be willing to do this but I am at a bit of a loss to understand why (espescially as the phone purchase show up on your next bill anyway). This would be the most efficient process... I get a new phone, and rogers gets another 2 years of my business. However, the continual lack of providing any flexibility or even relevant information is really pushing me away from Rogers.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@jsbca there is more going on behind the scenes than just a simple "give me a subsidy credit" - we will never really know the full details of what Apple and Rogers agreement is.

No doubt, depending on where the phone goes to start, it influences things internally at Rogers and Apple.

Order from a Rogers store, they get something from Apple - likely different than if you go to an Apple store and just buy the phone.

Small supply.

Corporate plans are pretty decent.

We are stuck waiting.

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree. I can bet Apple didn't give much inventory to Rogers in its entirety. Think about where you started when you placed your order. The 7+ at 32GB for example. I've been 30 (now 28 as 2 people dropped). That means, nationwide, Rogers didn't allot more than 30 7+32gb for corporate customers? Geez, how many did they get? I'd love to see those numbers. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been number 4 for 32GB 7+ matte black from the day one (on corporate side) and didn't move even one spot.

This means that Rogers didn't get single 7+.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Staveros

You won't see those number Sadly as they don't show that number to any public. Same with all carriers and companies.

Sadly this is the reality. It's been like this for years.