Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Well, I ended up grabbing a 256gb matte black 7+ through Apple reservations and picked it up after work yesterday. And managed to stay with my current plan, there was no upsell to a higher priced plan either. Of course that means I shell out more for the phone initially, but would rather do that than lose my 6gb $95/month for 1 line and $55 for the 2nd one plan.

Will be cancelling my 7+ Jet black 128gb reservation with Rogers shortly...woohoo! Good luck, all!

Oh, does anyone know what a good price would be to charge for a 64gb 6+ silver in excellent condition?
sascwatch
I Plan to Stick Around

I got $450 for my 64gb 6 with a few scuffs on the top edge. I was asking $500, for your phone and all the stuff that came with it I'd ask $650 and take $600. A lot of people like having the unopened ear buds, etc. Makes upgrading a bit easier too.

I'm also on the same plan and couldn't justify switching to their new plans since it would be almost $130 per month for the same plan.
xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting for my status to change on the business side. My reservation spot shows as escalated/priority as of last wednesday, but my status still shows as "In Progress (pre-fulfillment)" - @orangefreddie mentionned his status changed to Finalization on the 3rd business day after he was escalated. If it hasn't changed yet I'm assuming Rogers has not received any 7+ matte black 128 gb yet. 😮 

jdalpine
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone able to explain how the position number works? I am also curious about how the Apple Store is able to obtain more product than the carriers? If Rogers knows that there would be no product available for at least 3-4 weeks after release, then why even both opneing pre-orders so early.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdalpine

Your number in the reservation system is nation wide, not province or store wide.

Also i have explained it a couple of times here that Apple is known to favour their own stores then the carriers. It's been like this for years. Of course Apple would favour their own stores. This way they can keep customers going to them. The Apple stores receive about 80-85% of the stock and the carriers receive the other 15-20% of the stock that's left. That's why most favourited models go to the Apple store before carriers. That's how it works.

Apple again controls the pricing, pre ordering, models and everything that has to do with the iPhone and launches. So if Apple tells them to do something, they do it. It's under the agreement they made with the carriers back in 2008 when they brought out the iPhone 3G in Canada. Since then carriers have no say. Apple has full control of everything to do with the iPhone in all companies it's with.
Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around

No one has a clear understanding it seems, some were told by Rogers it was national while others provincial.

Exactly, absolutely no point in pre-ordering with Rogers.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arsalan1

The reservation system is nation wide as i have mentioned many times and also on my post on page 215. The reps on the phone aren't trained to deal with the reservation system thus they don't know.

There is no " provincial" wide system.. That would make things difficult. So it's nation wide.
nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

ALL models of iPhone 7 128gb and 256gb (including Jet Black) now available at Upper Canada Mall, Newmarket Apple store.

Swarm, Swarm!!!!

marwana71
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is the latest update I got from Rogers regarding corporate accounts. Note that I had ordered the iPhone 7 Plus silver 128GB:

"Silver has been a very low supply SKU. The good news is we have healthy deliveries planned this week and next, so it should start moving quite a bit."

Not sure if this applies to other colours, but it was a response I got for my specific order. Hope it is not just empty promises...
jdalpine
I Plan to Stick Around

Management and the Exec's at Rogers must read these posts and laugh. They don't care. They would rather we vent our frustration on "Community Forums" so their front line staff can make time to solicit more lousy business filled with broken promises. Just an update...I started with #623 and am now at the mid 540's. I'll be surprised if my number dropped because of shipments. The reality is people are getting smart and are looking elsehwere for the phone, therefor cancelling their pre-order. A clear sign of revenue leakage and loss of market share.