Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Steve4xo

I noticed that with them for so many years. It seems to be a issue but they try to resolve it and make the upgrade happen
Steve4xo
I'm Here A Lot

at the end of the day its only a phone.  🙂 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Found out this about an hour ago on 9to5mac

" Kuo also notes in his release today that the early shortage surrounding the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is not entirely due to market demand. The Jet Black model is signifincantly more challenging for Apple to manufacture, offering a yield rate of 60 percent to 70 percent. Additionally, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launched in 28 countries on day 1 this year, versus 12 last year, again contributing to the supply shortage."
jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hey guys

Found out this about an hour ago on 9to5mac

" Kuo also notes in his release today that the early shortage surrounding the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is not entirely due to market demand. The Jet Black model is signifincantly more challenging for Apple to manufacture, offering a yield rate of 60 percent to 70 percent. Additionally, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launched in 28 countries on day 1 this year, versus 12 last year, again contributing to the supply shortage."

I have a Jet Black iphone 3gs, at least it looks close to it..

obviously not the same but, it is black and glossy just like the 7 jet black model.. both in new states i wonder how different it actually is? (im talking solely about the colour only)

marwana71
I Plan to Stick Around

May be it is old news on this forum, but just stumbled on this site:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/09/23/wide-iphone-7-availability-expected-at-apple-retail-by-oct...

Aparently, some shipment issues caused much of these delays. Still have to wait till after October 8th (and only at Apple retail stores).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @marwana71

Yeah that was announced almost a week and half ago from others on here as well. The ships them selfs are to blame as well but the Jet Black isnt as easy to make as everyone thinks from my post above.
ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

so the ones that ordered a jet black will have to wait til october 8 at least?

Kara-Lea
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been stalking the Apple site hard the last several days and I notice that Eaton Centre in Toronto has Jet Black 256GB Pluses for reservation now.  Still no luck getting my 128GB Matte Black.  The hunt continues.

Kara-Lea
I Plan to Stick Around

Never mind... gone already. 🙂 But some Jet Black regular 7's remain. 🙂 Happy hunting.
thewreford
I Plan to Stick Around

A little off topic but,

What is the advantage / disadvantage of having a business plan?