Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Just got my iPhone 7 plus at the apple store! & Cancelled my rogers reservation. 

Activated and all ready to go!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ziglaub

They only give you a tracking number when the item is shipped out. Not when the item is within some other company and u only pre ordered it and haven't paid for the device yet....

The reservation system you don't pay for the device until u so the upgrade or buy it outright. So that means a while back when Rogers did do this, they would have given u the tracking number ONCE the device is in Rogers hands and they have packaged it for u and ship it out BUT that has stopped as of last year due to the contract with UPS and the traffic is has caused.

So the the internal tracking number isn't available for the customers. It's only went for the warehouse to track the package if lost. The customer won't get a tracking number unfortunately.

Two different companies u are comparing to and two different ways of buying. One u buy it with your credit card and Rogers u reserve and only out down a $40 deposit fee which goes back to u when the device ships out or u cancel. U don't pay for the product until it's in ur hands.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffrey_mtl

Very nice!!! 🙂 enjoy!!
I Plan to Stick Around

@mohsizlakk im in the exact same boat as you unfortunately for the 32GB gold plus model. Out almost $700 and nothing to show and for god knows how long...my contract is about to end on October 3 so if I don't get my phone by then I'm screwed. Already signed up for the 2 year plan with Rogers and got my new number sent to me on a bill and such so there's nothing I can do now but pray it's here before my contract runs out. 😞 just awful and I ordered right at 6am on September 9.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep, I ordered at 6 am, and was assured by two Rogers employees that I would have the phone within 5 business days of launch... I would rather be told the truth or not be told anything at all.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mohsizlakk

They go by a script unfortunately. At the time they gave that information, they most likely didn't know about the backorder of them. If they did, they should have given the proper information.
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL MY LUCK.
I reserved the 7+ 256gb black at apple.
Picked it up today and I got "hissgate" REALLY BAD. It's buzzing even when the phone is idle. Buzzing (noticeably) with ONLY safari open typing this post.
FML.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheApprentice

Oh no! That sucks. Seems like even taking this long they are having issues. I was reading up on how many Americans had this issue.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@TheApprentice

that sucks!!!!  Gave my daughter her new 32gig silver+ this morning that I picked up yesterday, and its perfect.  I'll make sure to keep an eye, or in this case, an ear to it....LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a corporate account holder and I'm in position #29 for a 7+ Black 256 GB. 

Am I able to upgrade at an Apple store or do I have to wait for my specific corporate office to get it?

The reason I ask this is cause surrounding Apple stores like Fairview, Yorkdale, Sherway and Square one all have stock of the phone I want, but I'm still in "OPEN" status. I want to walk into a store and just upgrade!

The wait is killing me, it's been 2 weeks now...