Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Well folks, I finally managed to reserve a iPhone 7 Plus. 256 Matte Black at Sherway Gardens. After watching many YouTube videos about how easily the Jet Black Scratches, I feel I made the wrong choice. Also I think the 256GB is a good choice since the phone does shoot 4K videos which take up a lot of storage space. Once i get the phone in hand, I will cancel my Rogers Pre Order. Ladies and Gents, Thanks for everything. Cheers. 

P.S. Here's an article explaining why iPhone 7's are in such short supply. A container ship is held up in port. 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/09/23/wide-iphone-7-availability-expected-at-apple-retail-by-oct...

I Plan to Stick Around

How does HUP pricing work? Do I pay the upgrade price at the store? Seems like it would be easier to get through Apple as they have stock available now.
I Plan to Stick Around

As far as I know upgrading at an Apple Store is just like doing it at a Rogers store. New 2 year term and the rest is charged to your Rogers account and will show on your next bill.
I've Been Here Awhile

I think I am really screwed.... I am a new rogers customer, so on Sept 9th, I woke up early and called rogers. Set up new services and ordered a iPhone 7+ JB 128gb.... The rep on the phone said everything was set up and I would have it within 5 business days of Sept 16th. My credit card got charged $679 the following Monday.

I still dont have my phone, I have no idea where I am on this ordering list (i.e. what number etc.), and have called Rogers multiple times and am being told 6+ weeks. Is anyone else in a similar spot? Or can anyone recommend what I should do?

I'm Here A Lot

I am an existing Rogers customer and used their pre-order system.  I'm number 27 Canada-wide, but it doesn't matter.  Rogers has not received ANY 7 Pluses so far.  What I've been told by Rogers is that they are hoping to have a shipment in the next 3-4 weeks.  Apparently there is a huge stock of Apple products stuck on a cargo ship that belongs to a company that just went bankrupt and now can't dock and unload.  Apple is trying to sort it out.  Long story short - when Apple gets phones to fill their own orders, carriers will start to get phones to fill their pre-orders, and you and I will get our phones when it's our turn.  I've heard that October 8th will see the stores stocked with product...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thats not true.. Rogers has received lots of 7pluses.. They have received stock in every colour, just extremely tiny amount of Jet Blacks which they gave to people who are friends of the higher ups.. I received my rose gold 7+ 128gb on launch day but I was #1.. my #2 jet black 7 plus 128gb is rotting in open state.. I know people who have received jet blacks pluses from rogers.. and apple gets 7 pluses every day in store and has shipped jet blacks to some people who preordered

I Plan to Stick Around

I played with a jet black plus that one Rogers customer got from his hookups through Rogers.. so I know for a FACT that they received multiple units

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Define "lots"...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charlo1108

The thing you keep forgetting is that ALL carriers do this including Apple. Again you keep going about this little friend of yours but you aren't seeing the whole picture.. Go to Apple's head office in Toronto and in US. You will see most have the Jet Black and Matte Black of the Plus ones carrying them around.. So you are telling me only Rogers does it but don't want to admit every carrier does including Apple which claims it was out of stock of them almost 2 hrs after the pre order opened yet gave them to their staff and friends?. You been here long enough to know things...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Cruella7009

He didn't specify but alot of other colors on the Plus model. He doesn't know anything that happens in the warehouse so really take it with a grain of salt to be honest. His buddy apparently for 4 Jet Black models from Rogers head office but yet fails to say how Apple has given their staff the Jet black models as well and their buddy's. Always ignores that bit blames Rogers. Around 11 different reps at the Apple store in Eatons center and Yorkdale have the Plus jet black model and they told me Apple gave them the devices to use. So he can't explain to us why Apple is doing it but blames Rogers on how they got some units and gave them to people with " money". I really don't buy it but if it happened, maybe he should also look at other carriers including Apple which does the same...