Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Thanks very much @Meowmix, always helpful!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BiReL41r

You are welcome! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@Kara-Lea i got one of the black 7+ 128gb from Markham, reserved just before 11am by fluke, on my way there now to pick it up and driving from Mississauga so i hear you on traveling to get it
I've Been Here Awhile

I managed to reserve a 7 Plus 256 GB Black (Matte) earlier today (12:30 EST) at the Ste-Catherine store in Montreal. I went to pick it up and one of the employees told me they still had one in stock, but the website showed "out of stock". I think it's available right now I just checked. Get it fast, it could be gone by now! I suggest you guys check during the day, they get new phones during the day, and you need to be lightning fast to reserve one in the morning.

To help you guys reserving faster on the Apple store, I'll share a tip. When the reservations are about to start in the morning, go on the Apple website to reserve with a carrier. Select a store (Usually, there's always one that's already open for reservations). Select it and choose whichever phone, size, color, etc (It doesn't matter which, because you won't be reserving this one, obviously). Click Next. You will be granted by a login screen (Apple ID, Password) followed by two-step authentication, if you have an iPhone. Login to continue with the "reservation". The final screen should be about confirming time of pickup. When you reach this screen, click away and go back to the phone reservation's initial page (Where you select the store, phone, color, size, etc). From there, just refresh the page until the reservations for your store open. For me, they opened at 8:01AM every morning.  DO NOT close your browser at this point, or you will lose your connection and you will have to login again with your Apple ID - Also, it's possible that the connection drops automatically if you leave your computer logged in to the Apple website for too long. I suggest doing this process 5-10 minutes before the reservations open (It didn't happen to me, but it could happen).

By doing this, you won't have to login with your Apple ID at confirmation AND won't have to go through the two-step authentication.

It was nice reading through all the replies, and I hope you guys get your iPhones really soon. See you all next year/in two years 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like Oct 8th there may be a whole lot more inventory available (at least in the Apple stores).  Seems a very large shipment of the phones has been caught up with a bankrupt shipping line, and Apple is making arrangements for their cargo to be offloaded.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/09/23/wide-iphone-7-availability-expected-at-apple-retail-by-oct...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jnardari

Yeah i read that a while ago today. It says " Customers still should reserve online first," we were told. "Just because we'll have stock, doesn't mean that we didn't get cleaned out for the day an hour before you get here.""

So i would pre order and reserve. Seems only Apple will get them
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke with a Rogers rep today and apparently my 7+ 32GB Silver should arrive to my selected store in 1-2 weeks. sigh. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffrey_mtl

Hopefully it comes sooner!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

So i was checking the Rogers iPhone page and came across this on the bottom of the page.

" Buy

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are currently on backorder."

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/iphone#pre-order-wrapper

Seems to me that this now is showing everyone that the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is on backorder for all colors. Yes they may be getting some in but only a small amount.
I Plan to Stick Around

Next year reserve through Apple, what an experience.