Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Thanks @socrdiva11

I'm probably not giving her the phone today either. She's in school all day, then going to work, and I'm taking my son to the Jays/Yankees game tonight, so I'm only surprising her with it tomorrow.

I'm still at a #2 spot for a silver 32gig + at Rogers, but it really doesn't seem like they'll be getting it anytime soon from what I've been reading around, so I reserved one this morning at Yorkdale mall for 12pm pick up. First iPhone in years I've bought without Rogers reservation, I've always used it.

I'll be cancelling my Rogers reservation as soon as I have the one from Apple in my hand, so everyone waiting for a silver 32gig+ will move up in line one spot at around 12:30-1:00pm today.
I've Been Here Awhile

@FedFan I just got one yesterday from Market Mall Apple Store in Calgary. Randomly showed up around 10AM and reserved it. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wondering how long it will take? Wheni preordered on first preorder date my iphone 7 plus black 128 gb was #706 currently sitting at #414, i also preorder a iphone 7 plus rose gold 128gb and was at #221 now at 86.

I called Apple they told me it was best to order from them directly cause i would likely get it faster because they take care of their customers first. I said arent i an apple customer regardless where it comes from? I was insulted.

I can't blame Rogers for not getting enough phones in, its all on Apple. They clearly did not make enough. However Rogers was telling me that it could take 6 weeks to 3 months for my black one and one to two weeks for the rose gold. I think they must have thought i was talking jet black, but it is the matte black, there is no way being #414 as of today that it would take 6 weeks to 3 months would it?

Your absolutely right!!! It's not Rogers fault at all. They can't sell phones they don't have, Apple is completely taking care of themselves first. Seems really bad this year though, I'm #2 for a silver 32+, and I don't understand how Apple hasn't given Rogers any silver 32+ yet, meanwhile they have them available in their stores. Geeze

I feel bad for everyone waiting here patiently for theirs, especially the ones in the hundreds...who knows when they'll get them
I've Been Around

Question - When I try to reserve online with Apple, it's telling me that I need to pay via credit card. I will be a new client of Rogers and was expecting to put in on the tab. How do I proceed? Are the phones from Apple only unlocked?

Also, I am number 113 for an iPhone 7+ 128 GB Black and I ordered on launch date an iPhone 7+ 128 GB JB. Rogers already charged me for the phone I ordered via telephone on launch date and said that I will not be receiving it till 6 weeks to 4 months but yet they already charged me for it.

Just picked up my 32 gig silver+ at Yorkdale mall Apple Store, and just cancelled my Rogers reservation, I was #2. Everyone waiting for that phone should jump a spot up now.
I Plan to Stick Around

Markham and Yorkdale in the Toronto area both briefly had  Matte Black 128GB Plus models.  I wasn't fast enough though.  Getting desperate enough to travel to Markham from dt Toronto if one was to become available.

I Plan to Stick Around

Had my grubby mitts on a 7+ Matte Black 128gb phone in Apple's reservation system a couple of minutes ago for pickup at Metrotown, and then poof it was gone once I clicked continue to confirm the time chosen to pickup. 

So close and yet so far.  Smiley LOL

Still #116 (started at 185) for Jet Black 7+ 128gb on Rogers reservation. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question. Would Rogers automatically cancel my place in line for my JB reservation if I were to do a carrier ugrade in an Apple store? I'm thinking of Silver instead now because of the wait but would like to keep my reservation spot in case I decide I don't like the color and to return it (most likely will end up happening)

Also, does anybody know if Apple completely opens up the phone when done through Rogers upgrade or would it be sealed? I would also like to ask them NOT to activate the sim card also.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BiReL41r

No you would need to cancel it your self by logging into My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Reservation or fall into Rogers and have them cancel it for u IF they can ( i doubt it).

Yes and no. Originally they are supposed to open the box to make sure the device isn't damaged and if it is they can exchange it for you but you can request the Apple rep not to open it up as let's say it's a gift for someone. They won't if u ask nicely. They won't activate the sim either as long as u tell them.