Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Well, it is a sad day to officially leave Rogers Wireless, after over 15 years and counting. You have been good to me all of these years, you really have. 

From the days of when I was using the very first original iPhone before iPhones were even available in Canada, to to the 3g with your 6gb $30 data plan I loved for so many years, then to the iPhone 4  with so many countless credits you'd apply to my account, you were great to me, you really were, almost until the end with my iPhone 6.

But your Hardware Upgrade and Device Reservation system was a joke and always has been. White I have waited in line at Rogers for iPhones in the past like many others here, I also remember the days of waiting in store on Day 1 for hours on end to activate the phone. I have been first in line to walk out empty handed because of your hardware upgrade 'system errors'. 

But then your bills started going up, almost doubling in the end. From $67 to $85, then $95 to $118.  

You'd often hold me accountable and deny my device upgrade, due to these 'retention' 'customer relations' 'loyalty' and 'back office' plans you'd have so many revolving names for, even when I was spending thousands a year with you, time after time. 

Eventually I caved and upgraded to your share everything plan, even though I had always told you I had no one to share it with.

Next you tricked me into upping my monthly data plan because of the one and only time I went over due to a  fluke 4am morning data surge/usage, with ridiculous overages in the end. I never could understand how Rogers would warn you you'd hit 80% of your monthly data allowance but never ONCE would they warn you when you'd hit 100% - I was told that just wasn't how my plans was set up - such a scam. 

These were just a small handful of the issues you had over the years but I always accepted them until the most recent day you cancelled my preordered iPhone, like many others had experienced on here. 

I am not a corportate employee. I am not a business customer (although I am now with Bell since you told me there was no benefit to changing to Rogers business). The 'University code' I've had on my plan for the last 12 years should not have been your answer as to why something like this could have happened.

I never did receive your promised 'escalation' email or phone call, but I am happy to read others on here have. 

It took BELL less business days to directly ship me an iPhone 7 then it did for you to 'escalate' whatever it was you promised me you'd escalate. Getting me back to my top spot in line was it? Based on what I have read over the last 100 pages or so, I'd say you have other issues going on. 

Although I will miss your unlimited 'Roam like home' as Bell's version is unfortunately only 100mb per day, I will not miss your included 'free' spotify or your lack in customer service, if you even call it that and I certainly will not miss your horrible My Rogers websites and apps that never would work properly.  

I fell in love with Bell's customer service the moment I called them and each and have each and every time I have  spoken to them since. Nothing but pleasant and enjoyable people on the other end of the line, I couldn't believe it. 

I know this is and always has been an 'Apple' thread, but I had to rant one last time, as it feels a little bitter sweet in the end. 

Thank you for listening and sorry to hijack. It has been incredibly enjoyable chatting with you all after all of these years and I commend @Meowmix and the others for their dedication to this forum and thread.

I love Apple, their iPhones and their customer service, but I unfortunately will not be preordering nor purchasing any of their devices through Rogers for quite some time to come and will miss discussing the process with you all. 

I'm Here A Lot

So, here's the latest.  I have moved all of 5 spots in the reservation queue...still sitting at number 27 in My Rogers.   Waiting for my Rose Gold 128G 7 Plus.   Spent 2 hours on the phone with 4 different people at Rogers this morning, trying to find out how it's even possible that I was number 32 Canada-wide as of September 9th, and still don't have my phone!!!  I finally got to the highest ranking customer escalation representative I was given access to and was told that even the Apple stores do not have the IPhone 7 Pluses yet...the manufacturer (NOT APPLE FYI) is behind in production.  This CSR actually moonlights at an Apple Store and told me that this was the case since "launch" day.  They have had none to fill pre-orders.  Certain models/colours are even more apt to be delayed.  Apple manufactures the 7, but a third party manufactured the 7 Plus.  Anybody have any insight into making this seem less ridiculous, or me more likely to remain with Rogers after more than a decade of poor customer service, constant system crashes, and now this?

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry but your wrong. I was online much sooner than 8AM to reserve my phone and have the email along with date stamp to prove it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@nauthier wrote:

Sorry but your wrong. I was online much sooner than 8AM to reserve my phone and have the email along with date stamp to prove it. 

Sometimes you can get lucky and it'll be open before.

I Plan to Stick Around

He's outright lying to your face. I have checked multiple stores in the AM at the online reservation and they have had every size/model/color with the exception of the Jet Black and Black in 128GB/256 in the Plus. All their trying to do is sugar coat the blow that is their reservation service. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just find this all unbelievable that you guys are being so loyal to their reservation service at Rogers. Unless your employees posting as "customers", I would reccomend trying to get a phone reserved at Apple. I did this with relative ease and as soon as my phone was purchased and done, I canceled the upgrade online. You'll thank me that you tried this. Been enjoying my new 256GB 7 Plus in Silver since last Saturday.

I'm Here A Lot

Well, that's handy to know.  I thought it was ridiculous that only the first 5 people on my list got their phones this week.  It's slightly less disgusting knowing that NOBODY has gotten their Plus's...NOT

I Plan to Stick Around

Like I said, more than 80% of the phones(Plus models) are going to Apple stores. Its going to be a long time before Rogers gets their hands on the 7 Plus. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It's true.  Rogers has received NO 7Plus phones to date.  Zero, ZIP.  I spent 2 hours on the phone this morning, being re-directed from agent to agent at Rogers before somebody finally told me that.  Ain't being a Rogers customer and relying on their pre-order system fun?  

I've Been Here Awhile

I just cancelled my reservation with Rogers Business because I was able to get a Rose Gold 7+ 256GB today at the Pacific Center apple store.

I kept refreshing the Apple reservation screen throughout the day and one came available, I was able to get the reservation through and got it tonight tied to a 2 year rogers contract.

You probably have a better chance at 8:00AM but they do come up throughout the day too.