Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

ok maybe 99% is a little steep.. 😛

but my point was, if rogers corrected the above problems on their end, this forum would full of people complaining about apple only.. because they would know whats going on
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I had my IPhone 7 Plus reserved within minutes of the launch.  I began in position 32, and I'm now only up to position 30.  The local Rogers store I have arranged pickup at has already started receiving phones to fulfill the first wave of orders...When will I receive my phone, and what was the advantage of pre-ordering?  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Perfectly stated.....and I'm a brand new Rogers customer....and I've already experienced and witnessed every point you've also experienced and observed.  I may have to look at fully cancelling my new account, my phone purchase and look elsewhere.

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions [ Edited ]

there are few here blaming rogers for apple's lack of supply...

but 99% of complaints here are things that can be blamed on rogers solely

like:

• cancelling orders without notice
  • not keeping customers informed of the stock situation and allowing them to assume
  • not keeping rogers staff informed
  • allowing rogers staff to give different answers (that they dream up themselves)
  • having a terrible glitchy pre-registration system
  • not allowing ANY of their staff on the front lines access to look at pre-registrations
  • failure correct things they are responsible for (ie cancellations.. unless u complain you get nothing)
  • not giving customers any idea what to expect (remember rogers is the cell phone company, they have the experiance, they have the knowledge from buying hundreds of thousands..millions? of iphones from apple over the past 8 years (first years wasnt available to rogers)) the customer has zero knowledge in this field.
  • fixing their own mistakes in their system without the need for the customer to complain to get it fixed
  • i could go on forever

99% of all complaints here including my own, are because rogers failed at their customer service, yet again.

1% is apple's attempt at low inventory marketing..

are there people here that want to tell me rogers was caught offgaurd by apple? if so this is the 8th time in a row they've been caught offgaurd.. think they will be caught offguard next year?

gonna go out on the limb here and say.. ya, thats a gimme, of course they will.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No one is disputing that Rogers got low supplies because Apple obviously didn't send them the quantity that they needed to fill their orders.. But if you were #2 from the START and you know for a fact one person got 4 units, that means there were definitely more then 4 units allocated to Rogers as there are plenty of people with pull and hookups and they wouldn't give the only 4 units the entire company received to one person.. and then for Rogers to not even allocate 1 of these units that they received to their so called reservation line.. It is not unreasonable to be frustrated by this almost a week after launch... and on top of that to be not able to order via the business system for a second phone because there were system issues until a full day after launch... after I advised reps a week ago before launch that I was having issues logging in and then finally a day after launch I'm told "ooops we had the wrong account # associated with you, thats why it didnt work and now we fixed it".. of course by that time I'm waaaay back in the cue.. I guess not Rogers fault again
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If I was the president of Rogers and I received a very small amount of the most desirable iPhones and I had some key contacts that I was able to give them to. I would have given them to those people. And if you were some rich friend of the Rogers president who got one you wouldn't be handing it back to him and telling him to give it to his customers who reserved a phone in the middle of the night.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jeffyjoe

I am not saying the Rogers Reservation System is great. It has its faults and some users know this from years now. So they shouldn't be surprised to it. While yes Rogers is to blame for the issues they had cancelling the reservationa, causing headaches and issues that is fill blame to them and also staff giving false information is there fault too.

What i am saying is the stock level isn't their fault which some users like to blame Rogers for
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @orangefreddie

The fact they are still stuck on Rogers buffels me. Every company does that and it if it's friend or buddy that did it, he could habe asked him to get him one or asked him to ask Rogers how many they had...

The fact is Rogers got barely any units. Yes money talks and yes if ur good friends with the higher ups u will get one.. Shouldn't we be saying about the Apple higher ups as well which do it? Tim Cook has 2 JB units which he said him self in a article and also most CEOs give some devices out to their other management and buddies. Seen this with most launches. Don't know why they are so surprised of this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What! Tim Cook has a Jet Black iPhone he kept without selling to the loyal customers who reserved his product in the middle of the night!

#Scandal 😂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @orangefreddie

Yup he does. My buddy's brother works for their campus and seen him work around with one and the other one is in his office. Plus most of the meetings, most of them either have the Jet Black or the Matte Black model of the Plus.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Saw this morning at 8:00am that the Apple reservation website had 7+ 128gb matte black and even jet blacks in stock for GTA stores (Sherway, Fairview, had them, not sure about others). Was anyone able to reserve? I tried to reserve at Sherway but was not quick enough. Sitting #115 for 7+ 128gb matte black for consumer side reservation.