Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

If Rogers didn't get 10 of each model of phone nation wide that was distributed via other streams I'll eat my shoe.

I've been 8th in line since release day. Now 7th in open status. This reservation system is horrible, not only are there multiple streams (business vs consumer) but I don't think Rogers is adhering to preorders being fulfilled first and leaking phones out through their store locations.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I did cancel it as I went from #160 in line for Jet black 128gb i7 all the way up to #880 for that model after re-reserving it.  

Never did get that 'escalation' phone call 24-48 hours after they cancelled my phone. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My favorite word is OPEN..

Since day 1, #2 for Jet Black 128GB 7+.. I love Rogers
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it might be important to point out that people who woke up in the middle of the night on 9/9 to pre-order unlocked & outright from Apple... Some of them have delivery dates in mid October... Like a co-worker friend of mine does. A "pre-order" doesn't mean that you'll get a device on launch day, or even within a week of launch day. It means that you have a priority order, but that given stock supplies, it may take some time, just like the people who pre-ordered via Apple as well who have deliveries in Oct/Nov.

I do think something is fishy with the people for a non-Jet Black that were in the top 10 not getting their notifications yet though, and I do agree the cancellation of reservations this year was a collosal "mess" up.

Just some things worth mentioning I think. Apple prioritizes their own company's sales over Rogers sales, and even outright sales directly to them have long wait times... I think it would be fair to expect carrier wait times to be as long as Apple's outright sales wait times, if not longer.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@charlo1108 wrote:
My favorite word is OPEN..

Since day 1, #2 for Jet Black 128GB 7+.. I love Rogers

My Apple Store here in town doesn't even have a Jet Black 7+ to display on it's display table... And they would likely ship one there before sending one to Rogers. Not really Rogers fault on the Jet Black stock issues, but Apple definitely messed up the JB launch.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

None of the Apple stores have Jet Black on display. And I know for a fact Rogers got at least 4 Jet Blacks 128gb. They just didnt allocate it to the cues.  So yes, it IS Rogers fault.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@charlo1108 wrote:

None of the Apple stores have Jet Black on display. And I know for a fact Rogers got at least 4 Jet Blacks 128gb. They just didnt allocate it to the cues.  So yes, it IS Rogers fault.

The one at Polo Park in Winnipeg has a Jet Black 7+ on display, surprisingly. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Speaking about "Escalations" that are promised within 24-48h once the case is escalated. Tomorrow 5PM EST will be the 48h promised to me by the business rep saying that if I do not hear back a manager will call me. Funny thing is that today I received a SMS, yes a handwritten SMS from the rep that spoke to me yesterday about it. He basically said that he will text me again once he receives notification of the escalation and that it should be done shortly... This is the first time someone has reached out to me without me having to call back to request an explanation of what is going on. Maybe a light of hope there...

(For information, I was #57 canada wide for the iPhone 7+ 128gb Matte Black before I was cancelled. I am currently sitting in 480 or so position right now on the NRS)

I've Been Around

Guys....I am number 6 since day 1 for an Iphone 7 Plus Black 256 gig and I havent budged 1 number.  Guess Rogers got really the stiff from Apple

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@xfallen I hope you see progress very soon.