Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @charlos1108

Head office and developers get them before customers due to them testing out the devices and such. They only get a few not many. So no money doesn't talk as u say. All carriers in the world get that. Even Best Buy Mobil Managers get devices sent to them by the manufacturers before customers get the even after launch
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello@jsin86

Nope it takes the same time as the rest.
I'm Here A Lot

How do you tell what position number you are?
I pre=ordered on Sept 9th,
my iPhone 7 plus 128gb rose gold was position 221
IPhone 7 plus 128gb black was position 706
iPhone 7 128gb black was position 496

Only the 7 was delivered on 16th.
Rogers wont tell me when to expect the other 2. I want my phones lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cindyr

Unfortunately you won't get a date until it's been shipped out. Most users are seeing their status change or number change only via My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Reservation
I'm a Regular

"You can NOT order on Apple.ca for a carrier upgrade without going in store to process it. Apple can't carrier upgrade your phone via online order and ship to your house.

There was a "Launch Day" reservation for in store option on 9/9 that ran for about half a week before they took it down. There was stock added to it daily. But I never saw any black model plus. Could have picked up any 7 except jet black, and any plus except black & jet black as late as Wednesday."

Great, I will keep this in mind for next year. Definitely not reserving through Rogers again, what a drag. Last year I got my 6s+ on launch night at my store, worked perfectly then!

Can anyone also answer if an authorised user / level 1 on the account can sign a new phone on contract at the apple store?

I know some stores are sticky about it being the acct holder for reservations, but if i'm just waltzing into a Rogers store and picking up a device as a walk in, can I sign the contract as an L1 on our account?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Yes if you are a level 1 on the account for more then 90 days then u can upgrade an also sign a new contract. You can not change the name in the account and can not transfer the line.. U can upgrade though.

Contact the store before going and explain ur situation
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone have any movement for black or jet black plus on the business side?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@cy999 I have been first in line on business side since Sept 9th for both the Jet Black and Black 128GB 7+. I just checked now and the Black one changed status today to In Progress. The Jet Black has not moved yet. Shows as In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment).
I Plan to Stick Around

Thankfully for myself and many others who have ordered a Jet Black phone, you are incorrect @Meowmix

I've seen Jet Blacks on the Apple reservation system, as well, have been informed by Apple employees that it's just a myth (no JB's til' November). If you place an order on Apple's website then it shows a shipping date of November but they are receiving stock of JB's at Apple stores as well as on the Apple reservation site periodically so everyone take a deep breath and relax...phones are coming!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cy999

You won't move for a while. Jet Black as i said earlier is backordered until November by Apple unless otherwise. They could make more units but the productions could take until then.