Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

@marimo wrote:

@Meowmix Eventually I picked up a gold 128G 7+ at the Apple store. I guess Rogers will call me before Christmas Smiley Very Happy  

If you're lucky Smiley Very Happy

I guess it would be harder for people who don't live where there is an Apple Store and want to do an upgrade, not an outright purchase... They are the ones who lose because Apple doen't send Rogers enough stock to fill their orders so they can beef up the Apple Store inventory. And there is no other option for people who live far from an Apple Store.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've had plenty of chances to get an iPhone already, but non of them are the ones my daughter wants. She's been begging me for a silver plus since the 6+'s came out, so I'm not going to settle for any other one just to get it. I had a rose gold in my hand to buy on launch day at 10am, but I called her to let her know, and she didn't want it.

With that said, I'm not going to drive around looking for one either...I live pretty much downtown Toronto, so I have plenty of places to pick from to buy it, (3 Apple Store within 10km from me, countless best buys, and too many Rogers Stores to keep track of), but I'd rather sit back and wait for a call.

I have to be honest, being #2 for a 32gig silver +, I thought I was a shoe-in for the phone on launch day, but oh well...cest la vie...😂😂.

And next year I'll most likely reserve my iPhone 8, and my wife's with Rogers as well. Maybe since so many people had such a hard time this year, they won't come back next year, and there will be more available through Rogers!!! LOL
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not so sure... LOL. Every year more people here learn about the Apple Device Reservation system... But every year there are more new subscribers too... Smiley Very Happy

I'm going to do this update with Rogers... My wife's line is up for renewal in March 2018 (Upgraded to iPhoneSE when it came out). Then my line will be up in September 2018... Going to ride hers out to September without upgrading anything so my lines are in Sync. Then I have the freedom to jump carriers when it is adventageous to do so (or when I need to because I get the short stick from them). Plus, when you compare overall reception out here in Alberta, Telus has way better reception than Rogers does. If I had $1 for every time I had no reception and one of my buddies on Telus did, I'd probably have enough money to buy Rogers Media Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@canamera

Yea, me too, at this point, I don't even care if it comes tomorrow, wednesday or friday. I don't feel like going out there store to store to see if there's one. I'll just wait 

I guess we are the only two waiting for a 7+ silver 32 who doesn't really go out their way to find one asap LOL

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm confident we'll get them this week....I hope😰😰😰 LOL. I mean, if Apple can't supply Rogers with 2 silver 32 gig +'s....then something is really wrong with them!!! You'd think Apple was used to this by now, and would make enough phones for launch. 🤔🤔🤔

Just a thought, but maybe they should start taking preorders for next year already so they have an idea how many they need to make....🤔🙏🏽
I'm a Regular

Honestly, i'm dissapointed in both Rogers and Apple here. If i'm #445 in Canada, you're telling me Apple didn't give Rogers 500 iPhone 7+??? And Rogers, for handing out units on launch day before fulfilling preorders.

Admittedly, I ordered the Jet Black, but I also ordered a matte black and it is at 345. Gah. Hopefully we see some movement tomorrow.

I'm a Regular

Can anyone answer for me if on the apple website at 3am EST on 9/9, you could pre-order via apple for a carrier upgrade? Or it had to be via the in store reservation on launch day?

I Plan to Stick Around

You can NOT order on Apple.ca for a carrier upgrade without going in store to process it. Apple can't carrier upgrade your phone via online order and ship to your house.

There was a "Launch Day" reservation for in store option on 9/9 that ran for about half a week before they took it down. There was stock added to it daily. But I never saw any black model plus. Could have picked up any 7 except jet black, and any plus except black & jet black as late as Wednesday.
I'm Here A Lot

I picked up a 7+ black last saturday! Much quicker than rogers reservation system.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I wasted two hours yesterday trying to get a reserved iPhone 7+ from the Apple Store. Unable to do it since I have a corporate rebate on my account. Apparently this is considered a comporate line and only one branch of Rogers is able to activate anything on a corporate plan. What the..!? I guess I really have to wait for this rogers reservation system.