Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

So, I'm guessing that Rogers received no 7+ across the system, regardless of size and color.  Fair assumption?

I Plan to Stick Around

@disneynorth

I picked up my wife's rose gold 128gb 7+ from Rogers yesterday. So your assumption is not fair.
I'm Here A Lot

Well then that gives me some ray of hope.....

I Plan to Stick Around

Seems that people who didn't reserve are getting models at the Rogers store, I figured 10 que and below would for sure get filled, next year I'm using Apple website, Rogers has been horrible with this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Very disappointed and poor experience with Rogers. Signal quality if poor and customer support is much worse. I moved 3x lines from Fido to business account and yesterday in Apple store I tried to add 2x iPhones to my account and the plans offered to me were $40/month each line more than what I'm paying right now ($90 and $45 each additional) and business accounts have to pay about $200 more than residential account for iPhone 7 Plus 128GB. Seems like business accounts have to pay more upfront and pay much much higher monthly prices.

I bought the phones unlocked and then tried to change my monthly plans to $115 (https://www.rogers.com/small-business/wireless/share-everything) with says on site that you get additional 4GB for $10.

I called Rogers business support and after ~30min of hold the rep told me that it's a typo bla bla bla... and we will fix this shortly. Today it still says 4GB for $10.

If you have it on your site then you should honor it!

Anyway... called Bell and they are offering $450 credit(for business) per line if you port your number from Rogers to Bell. So ported 2 lines and got $900 billing credit. Plans are same $90 and $45 for each additional lines when you BYOD.

Best way to teach them a lesson is to move your services to another provider.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix im sure you've answered these somewhere in the forum but I can't find the posts so forgive me for asking! Would we still get shipping emails over the weekend or not until Monday? And have you heard anything of anyone receiving shipping for the 32GB plus models?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@cici24

I'm guessing no shipping emails over the weekend since it's pretty much closed lol. 

I'm on position #1 (since day 01) for a 32Gb 7+ as well, no movement what so ever. 

Maybe monday we'll see some progress.

I Plan to Stick Around

So either the apple stores get a huge shipment before release and sell only a few everyday, or they keep getting shipments in. Hopefully we see some movement soon, I'll be keeping an eye on the apple site as well, there were a few 7+ available and lots of 7's at the London Apple Store this morning. Not the colour/size I'm looking for tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't seen a 7+ 128 Black at my Apple Store yet... Haven't been trying super hard either also... Hoping my Rogers order ships next week... As it will come directly to me it will be easier that trying to get down to the Apple Store. I can be patient... But if it's mid-next week and still no status changes... I will likely start trying harder to get one via Apple.

One of the big things Rogers has that makes me resist switching is the free live NHL. As someone who doesn't have cable TV... it's a plus. I could live without it... But its really nice to have it.

When I upgrade to the iPhone 8 in 2 years... (Assuming the next one is the 7s)... I will likely save the hastle and just go via Apple's Website too... They are totally scooping the upgrade market from the carriers... And I am sure they will continue to do so.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Eventually I picked up a gold 128G 7+ at the Apple store. I guess Rogers will call me before Christmas Smiley Very Happy