Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Th1ef
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

LOL WHAT A COMEDY ACT

CALL CENTER SAYS 3 MONTH WAIT TIME FOR JET BLACK LOL

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Th1ef

They are told to say that to the clients now. I don't know why but they have. My best bet is that hey think Apple will take longer seeing as it shows November on the Apple site..
bbrennan10101
I Plan to Stick Around

Just assuming, my status became shipped Last night at 11:44. that means it will be here today guaranteed?
Traviscrazy83
I Plan to Stick Around

@foujax wrote:

Ooouh! So my rogersdirect reservation (the backup plan) got "Escalated", then a few minutes later got changed to "In progesss" (real deal). Looks like since they cancelled my original "consumer" reservation they bumped up my backup plan. Sounds good to me!

My original reservation was a JB and my backup was a matte black, so they probably set me up for the matte black... But I seriously don't care.

I was one of the people who got their myRogers reservation cancelled due to a corporate discount. I went on Rogers Direct and ordered myself, then called to follow up. My order was also changed to 'escalated' today - but still 'In Progress (Pre-Fufillment)' - I guess that's better than nothing!

bbrennan10101
I Plan to Stick Around

Just assuming, my status became shipped Last night at 11:44. that means it will be here today guaranteed?
iPhone 7+ 128GB black to Toronto area
tpaglia
I Plan to Stick Around

How did you get that?! I've been still at #26 on the business side since day one with nothing happening.
thesixfile
I'm Here A Lot

@Th1ef Feel your pain! I was at the Apple Sherway Gardens this morning and it looks amazing. Fingerprint/scuff nightmare, but nonetheless, gorgeous (always bring Purell when handling demo phones!).

I'm interested in supplychain management (I was in charge or buying 3rd party products for a "somewhat well-known" retailer in Canada) and this really gives us some insight into Apple's forecasting system, and it's flaws. Gauging demand is not an exact science, but I would expect better given they're worth something like $725 billion. I'm assuming their production is based on forecasted demand from previous years' sales; the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus both had lower unit sales than the 4.7" versions (at least according to the data I was able to quickly pull). 

Also, they have 28 different iPhone 7 SKUs! (5 colours, 4.7" and 5.5", and 3 storage options - 2 in jet black). I guess they REALLY didn't forecast this properly. Really, they brought this on themselves.

They probably could have over produced, but the 6s generation was overstocked. They probably discounted the cost to their retail partners to sell through them, which would retailers overstocked on inventory that will be hard to move once the 7 generation became available for sale.

I know it's no comfort to you. My strategy for iPhone 7s and 8 is to become friends with a Rogers or Apple Store employee to secure one lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @thesixfile

Even if u do, they won't secure one for u Sadly lol. I tried that I am close friends with the Apple store manager at the Eatons center and a few Rogers reps as well.. They can lose their jobs for hiding a phone or securing one for someone else other then customers waiting to get one. It's on their contracts they sign when they get the job lol
MikePagz
I'm Here A Lot

My iPhone 7 128gb Black just reached in Progress (finalization) I'm in Toronto and a corporate customer. Does this mean shipping soon or tomorrow? Anyone know how long it takes from this stage to shipping? Does this mean there is a phone with my name on it already and it's just waiting to be sent?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MikePagz

Yes there is a name with ur phone on it thus why it shows Finalized. Also it can take 1-3 business days to get it seeing as they need to package it at this stage and get it ready for UPS. Now it CAN ship out tonight but won't be there until Monday.