Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Best Buy giving $100, Telus is giving free Bluetooth speakers, free storage upgrades to the next tier or bill credits. While Rogers is cancelling orders, what's up with that?
I Plan to Stick Around

@sascwatch, Id be happy just getting an official "hey we got no phones again, give us 2 weeks or look elsewhere" email
I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers reservation system is not a guarantee, it's a manner to reserve without having to stand in line. No matter how flawed, it serves it's purpose. I live 2 hours away from the closest Apple Store so it's there for a reason

Maybe not on launch day but where some are waiting months, we may only wait days to get it if reserved

No matter the reason, Apple sent skinny stock so Rogers is not to blame.
I Plan to Stick Around

Live and learn I guess...we can all order through Apple or Best Buy Or even switch providers for the ip8 next year

It's hard to believe that companies are givin away free stuff to account for someone else's lack of planning but if they are, that's pretty fantastic
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

Not many under that Sadly it seems.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sascwatch @Dsburfitt

Most likely Rogers will release more information as its coming down from he head office. Telus only released that information this morning. Best Buy is the biggest Apple authorized seller so they did what Apple did an gave out $100. Now as for Rogers? Most likely a credit from the device price or something we shall see.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

We have both felt that frustration so maybe we're numb to it now? Lol

I get what they are saying and it is really hard to believe...but why not find an Apple blog and complain there.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

I see everyone's point and understand that frustration but at the same time Rogers is only doing what they are told. I know they will do some sort of credit towards this issue but stock isn't their problem.

Now as for Best Buy, as I said they are the biggest Apple authorized seller so they do what Apple does and gives out the same credit as Apple does.

I haven't seen anything about Telus or Bell offering for credits or free gifts.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yup, no matter how flawed the reservation system is, I still prefer it over waiting in a line at a store, or only getting it a few months later.
I Plan to Stick Around

For sure it's not their fault, but communicating to its customers would be nice.

If apple can provide an eta to its customers, I'm sure they can provide an eta to its BIG customers (like the wireless companies). They just need to push for it, i know they are at the mercy of the manufacturer, but they've gotta place orders for their stock.

If my supplier just randomly sent me 10000 units of something I didn't order and expect me to pay I'd be a bit upset.

Apple knows how many units they allocate to the wireless carriers and if they communicated this to them there wouldn't be so much confusion on launch day. Or if apple didn't screw up with the upgrade options.