Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Dbelore97

They aren't disappointing anyone. No one is forced to use the reservation system. They can go to Apple and pre-order from there but again it's their own choice. Nothing can be done unfortunately and sadly it's not up to Rogers for stock levels from Apple. This is Apple's fault here. Rogers only does what they are told to do by Apple and that means put it up on the reservation system and have it there.

Now u had a chance to read the FAQ and print on the reservation page which clearly states you MAY NOT get it at launch or be the first one to get it. The put it there for a reason.

ATT and Verizon are having the same issues from what i am reading online. Some are saying they received their devices meanwhile some are saying they have to wait until next week.. Same goes for Rogers. All comes down on how may units Apple sends them. Apple controls everything that had to do with a iPhone, launch for the iPhone and pricing. If Apple says one thing they have to do it. Why? Because it's on the contract they signed to carry the iPhone and sell it.. Same goes with all carriers Sadly. Been doing the threads on the forums for years and worked in the warehouse before a couple of times to know and seen this. Many don't know all this stuff.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

But again I say, I am position 2. I just don't understand how Rogers hasn't received 2 of the phone I preordered. I really think Rogers preordered system is flawed, and if I knew it was this bad I may have gone straight through Apple. When I preordered my iPhone 5 from Rogers, I got it launch day with no issue, and it was supposed to be a high demand phone as well. I just hope I get my phone soon.
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 7 128GB queue has not moved !

I went from 8 to 5 today because Rogers cancelled 3 orders in front of me! (See posters in here)

What the heck is going on its hard to believe Rogers didn't release ANY iPhone 6 jet blacks? We are seeing the jet black + being marked as shipped. For users?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dbelore97 @Meowmix

it's possible Apple didn't give Rogers any of that model.

It is surprising to me that Rogers got 128G models and not 32Gs though (which should be the one with higher supply), but w/e.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dbelore97

IPhone 5 was a couple of years ago. Alot has changed Sadly and i noticed this too. You can think it's flawed but it's not their fault for not receiving devices. Can't stress this enough.... The system has issues yes but csnt control stock as its not their problem. It's Apple's problem. Apple manufactured the devices, not Rogers. Rogers only carries them and sells them.

You will get your phone. Patience is the key.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mailu1st & @Dbelore97

It is possible. The shipments come with either one size or different sizes of GB and color. So it all for ends up on what was given to Rogers by Apple. We have seen this in the past years as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

My wife and I 2 ip7+ gold&rose gold all show shipped 1 hour ago
I'm Here A Lot

Woo my i7+ 128 black is shipped as of 12am, guess the statuses still change this late. I was #12 for reference.
I'm Here A Lot

The way you guys are talking is like Rogers is a few guys standing in a room getting a box from fed ex with 10 phones from Apple. "Oh we didn't get any 256gb phones, too bad." Rogers is one of Canada's largest cell providers, I'm sure Apple sent them at least 2-256gb i7 in silver. I really find this hard to wrap my head around. I know the demand is high for these phones, but this seems ridiculous.
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree..

I know this system has its problems and I understand Rogers can only give what they get but I'm not in the 100s or even 50s not even the 10s. I'm freaking 5. I highly doubt Rogers got versions of all he other models except this one - not even 5 units?

There's definitely something going on in the back end here.... I've been in open status #8 moved to #5 today and still in open. I7 jet black 128