Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @chatoyer

From Apple? Yes that is correct but the won't call u from what i know that's why they give u a time frame.

From Rogers the store will call you once they have processed them and received them.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those in the same situation as me, having your reservation cancelled, or "swithed" to the business side, this is the most solid answer I've received.
Edited names out.

08:25:45 PM [Rogers] Well, I can assure you that your reservation status has not changed.
08:26:40 PM [Me] Except now it will be shipped to my address rather than the store I chose. So theoretically speaking, if others have had their devices shipped that were ordered at the same time, mine should ship tomorrow?
08:26:59 PM [Rogers] It should, yes.
08:27:11 PM [Me] Thank you.
08:27:56 PM [Me] I remember previously they would send an email when it is shipped. I'm guessing this will still be the case on the business side?
08:28:12 PM [Rogers] It should be.
I'm Here A Lot

Yup just got the txt that 7+ 128gb Black has shipped...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Redbull74

Great to hear!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #64 128gb 7+ RG and I have officially shipped!!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got an email informing me that the matte black i7+ 128gb has been shipped to my store.  I was originally #74 as of yesterday afternoon, then it moved to #73 with status "open".  Status then changed to "in progress" last night around 6-7pm and remained like that until just a few minutes ago.

Strange tho.. I have the i7 128 gb silver reserved for my wife and I am #6 and status has remained "open" since I reserved it last week.  You would think that the i7's would have moved quicker than the Plus.  But you never know...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Lonnie1313 Just got off the phone with two Rogers locations in Toronto (Sherway and Bramalea City Centre). Confirmed they do not have 7+ in stock, HOWEVER they both said they were expecting some units to be delivered in in the morning. Sherway usually gets shipments in before 10AM, but I didn't get an answer from BCC.

Anecodatelly, the SA I spoke to said securing a new iPhone on launch day at Rogers Stores located in malls with Apple Stores have a better chance than those that don't... people just line up at the Apple Store.

I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant a Rogers store. But, your answer has cleared it up.

I supposed it just seems odd that there are a substantial number of people who have been diligently tracking the progress of their reservation, but in reality it all comes down to the ability of a Rogers store employee to pick up the phone (in between selling cheap cases for Samsung devices to walk-ins) and call a bunch of people to say their phone is in.

I have to say, if this is true, this is a fairly sizeable and laughably inefficient part of the entire process.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chatoyer

No i agree. The stores take their time to call customers that their devices are in. That is one of my complaints as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

My i7+ 128GB Black is still in progress.. yet everybody is posting the shipping confirmation.. uh oh...
I was #18 and dropped to #14 before going in progress.