Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

For what it's worth... One of the managers I spoke to today said they are expecting much larger incoming stock volumes than previous iPhone launches...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @orangefreddie

The managers don't know that information unless they have concrete information which most don't. They tend to say that to customers to calm them down and stop asking. Same was said to me last year a day before the launch and barely anything came.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lean_mean_machi

All depends of Apple is willing to send that many to Rogers for that specific model. We shall see though. Hopefully everyone gets theirs by atleast mid next week if they have high numbers but i wouldn't be surprised if it's a long wait.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @orangefreddie

The managers don't know that information unless they have concrete information which most don't. They tend to say that to customers to calm them down and stop asking. Same was said to me last year a day before the launch and barely anything came.

I had a hunch it was said to try and appease me... That was why I put "For what its worth"... LOL. I am on the phone with Business Support now... Getting much more satisfactory assistance right now... Still trying to sort things out, but I have a great agent.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, as I saw some of you having your reservations cancelled because of that business account "confusion", since I got a "Public service employee" rebate, I asked what's happening with my account.

Well, I just learned that I got tagged as a business client. So it looks like I'll get my reservation cancelled pretty soon.

So I decided to make a new reservation in advance with rogersdirect. And like you said, trying to log back in is a pain in the "derrière". The "lost password" system was also useless. I was able to correctly reset my password with Edge. The official browser support is abysmal.

So yeah... I'm #7 for a i7 jet black 128gb (general system) and #439 for a i7 matte black 128gb (rogersdirect). The first to get processed wins.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @orangefreddie

Most if not all managers and reps have no idea what the stock level is or how many units come in. They have no clue and aren't told this information. That why when they do a upgrade over the phone, it shows "IN STOCK" and "NO STOCK". Sometimes it says "LOW STOCK". Unless they changed it within the past month which i doubt it.

Hopefully this agent can help u get what u want and need.
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL... The race is on... But I "re-reserved" 5 hours ago and got 449... How are you below me... LOL. 

Most bizzare launch ever 😄

I Plan to Stick Around

Well that upsets me, because I was in the 400s for the same model until this afternoon when I received the business line email. Now I'm 422 in the business line.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well... I am calling it a night... But the agent I was just on with has confirmed with me that everything she has access to, as well as everything her manager has access to, says that our numbers will be re-instated. So I am just going to hope for the best... 

she also said that after creating a rogersdirect.ca account it can sometimes take 24 hours before you can re-login, especially when the system is as busy with new accounts as it is today. 

Night.

I've Been Here Awhile

Screenshot 2016-09-14 20.23.19.png

No change for the 7 Plus 128 Rose Gold except a couple days ago when I went from 54 to 53 (probably a cancellation).  The business reservation site is terrible.  I tried to reserve between 3:00 and 4:00AM on Friday but it wouldn't let me in, I had to call during the day.

@orangefreddie: The business customer support for Rogers has been stellar for me, way better and way more responsive than the consumer side of any of the carriers.  I hope they get you all sorted out.  Telus's business side is terrible.