Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @jkanaris

Yes they will need u to upgrade to a newer plan. So call in before going and have it changed!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dimundz88 so paying the apple fee for the unlocked phone (how much?) and continuing with my plan works out to cheaper than if I go with the minimum tab plan? Somehow slapping down $1000+ cash for the hardware doesn't seem like the most economically feasible. Please explain.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix! Good to see you again! Somehow $125 for a smartphone plan seems extreme.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jkanaris I am not going to go into a lot of detail here on this but either way you are going to pay $1000 for your phone, whether next Friday up front to have it unlocked and free to go with any Wireless provider whenever you want, no commitment OR you will lock into Rogers for 2 years on a much higher price plan than what you are paying now, while getting the phone at a subsidized price of around $600, you'll still pay off the extra $400 balance on your 'tab' over the next 2 years. Unless you have hundreds of dollars worth of credits pending on your account for a hardware upgrade, I would keep your price plan as is because you're going to pay minimum $125 a month, $500-$600 for the phone and locked into paying $125 a month for 24 months. You can always pay off the balance of your phone and go to a 'no tab' plan but you're still locked to Rogers for 24 months. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@hendersonsarah My wife is 38 weeks pregnant so our 'guest room' is now the nursary and my 'office' is now her closet. LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Dimundz88! That's very helpful information. I think I'll bite the bullet and slap down the cash for the phone, keeping my current plan since it's perfect for me. Plus, I'll be able to trade in/up my current phone, which is in pristine shape and whose value is close to $200. Apple still does this, no?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkanaris

I believe that Apple still does the same but check to make sure!
I Plan to Stick Around

@jkanaris Apple does not do a trade in program here in Canada as far as I am aware, only USA and now UK China I believe?

What phone are you using? iPhone 6 128gb asking price is $750 right now online, but the market is flooded right now and will continue to be so that asking price will drop to $600 I bet by next Friday.

Either way, as far as I see it, we use our phones all the time. If I can get $600 for the phone I bought last year for $1000, it costs me as someone previously said just over $1 a day to have a brand new phone, year after year, WITH WARRANTY.  

I hope the upgrade program comes to Canada but it may make no difference to me as I have yet to look into how it works in the USA. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dimundz88

If you do a upgrade to a iPhone the Apple store, I do believe the Rogers trade up program will work but you are correct, I looked it up and Canada does not have the trade in program. Only the states do.. Canada always goes last.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I am going to guess the Rogers trade in program will not give you half as much as what someone may get by selling online however it may be hassle free for some people. Selling iphones off kijiji CAN BE dangerous if you are not careful. I always meet in a bank with security as you never know what could happen when handing over a $$$ device to someone you don't know. I would always count the cash at a teller, or now you can simply put the cash into an ATM that counts it for you and confirms it is not counterfeit. Just an FYI to anyone selling their old phones on Kijiji etc. Don't get jumped or mugged in a parking lot.