Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

So I've had my iPhone 6 Plus for 2 years now, and I have to say I will be moving to the smaller size this time.  Phones got small for a reason, and with the Otterbox armor surrounding my Plus, it's just too big to be practical for me--it barely fits in the cup holders in my car and my phone is the first thing people notice when I walk in a room.  Looking forward to 7 Regular and plan to stay with Rogers--been with them for over six years now. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Solaron

Very nice! So yeah the regular size would be great for you 🙂
I've Been Around

Hi everyone!

How do we normally find out about when the reservations open? Where does Rogers post it first? I can't seem to remember from previous years 🤔😔
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As a guy who pre-ordered the Note 7 with Rogers I will say that the system for the most part seemed to work and even ppl who were 150+ on the list got theirs on launch day However it depends on supply from manufacturer of course. The only thing was that they were not all delivered the day before meaning on launch day if you showed up at 10am the device wasn't there, mine arrived around 4pm, when I got there at 5:30pm their system was down lol so I had to go back the next day.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I want to buy the new iphone this year and the new iphone next year .

I just want to know if I should buy it outright this year with Apple unlocked? What would you recommend? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mattsatt

Go with the unlocked model from Apple.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

That is correct. Some of the users that replied on here know that from past iPhone launches which i have done the reservation threads as well. IPhone launches and reservations aren't the same as the Note 7 or any other device.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix, my son has asked for the new iPhone coming out this week so I will do my best to reserve one for him in the upcoming days. However I have a few questions regarding that, I hope you can help me out.

He's had his iPhone for almost 3 years now (I think it's a 5S?) so his contract is indeed up. I haven't done an upgrade in the family in a while so I don't know the current routine of doing this. If I reserve a phone and choose to get it at a specific Rogers store, will I be paying the subsidized price for it upfront? Let's say $399.99 for the lowest tier. I pay that at the counter or does it just get deducted from my monthly bill this month?

If so, can my son just get it himself even though it's under my account? I think I added him a while back as a level 1 something (he was allowed to upgrade to his current iPhone in Ottawa when he was in university while I was here in Toronto with no problems, again I don't know if you've changed things since then)

Lastly, will he be seamlessly allowed to get the 7 without changing our shared premium plan? We have the 6GB Shared (I don't see it anymore on the current plans) I might have to talk to him about his wish to upgrade if we have to upgrade to these Premium Tab+ ones which incur higher monthly fees... We don't need more data and such. Would you guys be able to upgrade his phone without changing our entire family plan?

Thank you in advance. Sorry if this post is not allowed for being too long, just trying to find some answers before the orders start.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @WBarras

The sub price of the device ($399) will be charged on ur next month's invoice bill m you don't pay for anything upfront.

I believe he can but as a reservation it states that you must be a account holder in order to pick up the reservation device in store. Contact the store and let them know. Make arrangements with them.

Unfortunately no. You will need to upgrade to a new Share Everything Plus plan in order to continue with the upgrade. Speak to him and contact Rogers before the upgrade is done. See what they can do on the plan.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is for Meowmix

Hey,

Will be upgrading to iPhone 7 and presently are on a share everything plan with ME on a 2 year contract and my wife is on the added line with an unlocked iphone 6.

Question is when i check my rogers account she is showing eligable for upgrade.

So basicly i wan to give her my 6S and use her upgrade and i would assume you just swap SIM cards and your good

To your knowlege is this possible ?

Thanks or you time

Serge,