Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @SHS

I would contact Rogers first and have them leave a note on your account letting u do this. This way the store can't say no. I do believe they can as it goes towards the bill as well.
bouche
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a business account through PIPSC and trying to go through 'reserve device'.   The link on the business self serve page is taking me to rogersdirect.ca where I don't have access.

Someone at rogers store said that link needs to be fixed, while someone on the phone thought I needed an account setup to reserve a device.

I'm so confused.  I don't seem to have a way to reserve a device.  Perhaps the link really is broken. Anyone have any idea?

With a corporate account, would I be able to reserve through Apple and still go through the rogers contract/subsidy?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bouche

Yes and no. Some have been able to go through Apple and get it on their business accounts but others have had issues and could not do it. So be advised if u do decide to go that root, it may not work. It seems some Apple stores can not access specific Business and corporate accounts.
mattsatt
I Plan to Stick Around

Whats more cost effective if I want to buy the Iphone 7 this year and the Iphone 8 or whatever its called next year? Buy the phone unlocked at Apple this year and pay 1000+ or just buy the phone locked to Rogers ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mattsatt

I would wait until the next year's model to be honest. I go with whatever root you can afford. Many go with upgrading with the carriers but others that have thay kinda money on their CC or debit cards or cash go into the store and buy it outright. All depends on what u can afford and how u see it.
Solaron
I Plan to Stick Around

So I've had my iPhone 6 Plus for 2 years now, and I have to say I will be moving to the smaller size this time.  Phones got small for a reason, and with the Otterbox armor surrounding my Plus, it's just too big to be practical for me--it barely fits in the cup holders in my car and my phone is the first thing people notice when I walk in a room.  Looking forward to 7 Regular and plan to stay with Rogers--been with them for over six years now. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Solaron

Very nice! So yeah the regular size would be great for you 🙂
carolinalvarez4
I've Been Around

Hi everyone!

How do we normally find out about when the reservations open? Where does Rogers post it first? I can't seem to remember from previous years 🤔😔
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

As a guy who pre-ordered the Note 7 with Rogers I will say that the system for the most part seemed to work and even ppl who were 150+ on the list got theirs on launch day However it depends on supply from manufacturer of course. The only thing was that they were not all delivered the day before meaning on launch day if you showed up at 10am the device wasn't there, mine arrived around 4pm, when I got there at 5:30pm their system was down lol so I had to go back the next day.
mattsatt
I Plan to Stick Around

I want to buy the new iphone this year and the new iphone next year .

I just want to know if I should buy it outright this year with Apple unlocked? What would you recommend?