Apple Family Setup

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Testerone
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Family Setup

I was skeptical as well, but finally gave it a try. I can confirm that it 100% worked for me. I followed the directions described in the post. I’ve got a very happy kid today.
Blacko
I've Been Here Awhile

Can anyone explain to me why Rogers is selling the $10 added cellular plan when we purchased the watch? Specifically indicating to me that we can add her watch with the added cellular plan...yikes! As many have previously said seems we have a very expensive watch sitting on our young daughters arm that cannot be used as it was intended. Seems ridiculous to be selling something we can’t use...or it is just me not understanding the why’s and the wherefore...sigh!

paulfielding
I Plan to Stick Around

"Can anyone explain to me why Rogers is selling the $10 added cellular plan when we purchased the watch? Specifically indicating to me that we can add her watch with the added cellular plan...yikes! As many have previously said seems we have a very expensive watch sitting on our young daughters arm that cannot be used as it was intended. Seems ridiculous to be selling something we can’t use...or it is just me not understanding the why’s and the wherefore...sigh!"

Rogers sells a $10/month plan for Apple Watch, but it ties to your cell phone - if you're just trying to add cell capability to your apple watch so you don't have to always have your phone with you (ie the same phone number as your phone), then that's the plan for you.  What Rogers does NOT yet support is having a stand-alone watch plan with a separate phone number from your phone, that can be tied to Apple Family Setup.    This is the missing piece.  if you are paying $10/month for cell capability on a Watch that you are not using because Rogers doesn't yet support Apple Family Setup, if I were you I'd be getting on the phone with Rogers and a) ask them to cancel that service until they support Apple Family Setup, and b) ask them for a refund on the $10/month you've already been paying but unable to use.  You may not get anywhere with b) 🙂 But you for sure should be able to get some where with a).

Blacko
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I intend to...with a very strongly worded comment of disapointment! This is atrocious that in this day and age this capability cannot be added...if Bell can do it, then 'hello' why can't Rogers get their act together! Totally ticked off with this, not usually a poop disturber but this has gotten to me...first Apple makes it so you cannot have a stand-alone watch, then Rogers makes it so the watch still cannot connect in order for families to use it as intended...grrr! Sliding off my soapbox - for now 😉

Audioforge
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like Telus is now #2 on board. Rogers lags behind. I do have another Telus account so I might just try and see if can get my stand-alone watch on that account.

https://www.apple.com/ca/watch/cellular/#table-family-setup

Ry00-
I've Been Around

Telus is also offering it for 5 bucks a month for the first 24 months for Standalone.

This is very tempting.

Wen1986
I've Been Around

I wish they would give a timeline on when this will roll out or if they ever will.