cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Family Setup

veilofsun
I'm here a lot

Hello everyone,

I didn't find anything related to Family Setup here so my question is: Can we expect Apple Family Setup feature for Apple Watch this year?

***Added Labels***

113 REPLIES 113

Re: Apple Family Setup

davidlanc
I've been here awhile

This doesn’t work. I tried it.

amalimban
I've been around

We're nearing almost a year since this feature was released and Canada's other 2 major carriers have already activated this function. Why hasn't Rogers?? 

I've got a similar story to a lot of people on this forum. I've got 2 kids waiting to get their watches activated. It's comical that Rogers is depriving customers who WANT to use their services. I'm a 15 year loyal customer that will be moving over to another provider come the new school year if this isn't activated by then. 

100% agree, it's a pain to switch carriers, but this is pathetic.
Attention ROGERS: notice that point, "it is a pain to switch", also means, "it will be a pain to ever switch BACK to Rogers once gone"

Just switched my two lines over to another provider (after 19 years with Rogers)

MD0032
I've been here awhile

Hey @RogersTony , can you help us out here? Does Rogers actually not care and seriously wants customers to get additional phone lines instead of enabling the Family Setup feature available from Apple?

I am a 13-year Rogers customer and I'm leaning towards switching to Bell. I bought the Apple Watch for medical support reasons for my young daughter, expecting that this feature would ultimately be available. It's a shame that Bell and Telus are now offering it and it appears that Rogers doesn't care.

Feels like zero consideration for customers.

alysaleh
I've been here awhile
Hi Rogers team,

Can you please answer us and give a due date to enable this feature? I am seriously considering moving to another carrier because my children can’t use their watches with cellular. It is very critical feature and you have to give us some respect.

If this is the case, I think it will not make the majority of parents add another phone line for their kids. I have three kids I cannot afford another 40-50 dollars a line a month for them to have a phone for emergencies. That was a
The great thing about the Apple Watch plans. I can afford 10 dollars extra a month per kid for piece of mind. I absolutely will not pay the other amount. I had to pay for my owe phone at 15 and so will my own children. So yes Rogers would be smart to have these plans because there are people like me that they will make money off of for the next few years until my kids can get their own jobs to pay for a real phone plan

patsthilaire
I've been around

Currently, familly setup for apple watch is supported only by Bell and Telus in Canada ( https://www.apple.com/ca/watch/cellular/ ).

This has been the case since the launch of family setup by Apple in Canada. How long is it going to take  Rogers  to "up their game" ??

Bentley
I've been here awhile
Due to misinformation from Rogers employees, I’ve bought an Apple Watch for my mother twice now, only to find that Rogers still does not support the Apple family share function. Bell and Telus have since the beginning of 2021.
Rogers, it is very important that I get this feature for my mother.
Is it that you have no plans to provide this feature any time soon and we should move our plans to Bell or Telus to be able to be able to support our loved ones?
Thanks.

Justin204
I've been here awhile

Even though Rogers tried to sway us to give our just turned 13 year old daughter a full cell phone, we could not follow Rogers irresponsible & self serving advice. If you could even call that advice.

After months of trying to wait for Rogers to fix this or come up with some sort of creative temporary solution, we just could not wait any longer. We are now another provider and are paying less overall for service even with the addition of my daughters watch.

I’m just waiting until my current phone is paid off and we will be switching as well. There’s no reason why Rogers is not offering this service when other companies in Canada are. Very frustrating when you have been a customer for 20 years.

usstass
I've been around

Oh, I’m glad I found this thread. Looks like our family will have to switch to another provider.

MMNN1
I've been here awhile

C'mon Rogers....
what is taking so long to offer this feature.
Please let us know if you are going to offer this soon as I can't wait forever.

Well, after 10+ YEARS, I closed my account (2 phones and now 3 watches) because Rogers refused to add this option. I set up with another provider yesterday, added my two son's watches with their own separate phone numbers. 

Terbee
I've been here awhile
How does Rogers still not offer this? We had misinformation from a Rogers employee, bought the watch for our son, could not set it up on our plans so returned the watch. Now we know that Bell and Telus offer this. Come on Rogers get with the program! I have been a customer for 25 years and because of this may follow suit and move to a provider that offers this!

Terbee
I've been here awhile
Has Rogers ever made any indication if they plan to offer this? Or do they prefer we just leave?

TeDD13
I'm a trusted contributor

No, Rogers never indicated that this feature will ever be available on Rogers network.

Can we have an update? I was misinformed by Rogers customer service and have bought two watches as presents for our children and family sharing is still not available. Our friends have all left and gone to Bell for this service while we as loyal customers have held out and waited. Please, when? Or should we just leave now?

I’m at the point I want to know if they are planning on it or not as well. Just be honest since a lot of their employees seem to be uneducated on Apple setup at least they can be honest to say if they are working on it

Apple family setup

Scottiep
I've been around
Does anyone know if Rogers will be adding the Apple family setup feature for Apple Watch. Recently purchased an Apple Watch for my son to only find out Rogers doesn’t offer it. Only bell and Telus do. Don’t want to switch but….

Re: Apple family setup

TeDD13
I'm a trusted contributor
As Rogers never indicated that they ever plan to implement Apple Family Setup feature it is safe to assume that they do not plan to make this feature available to customers.