cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Family Setup

veilofsun
I'm here a lot

Hello everyone,

I didn't find anything related to Family Setup here so my question is: Can we expect Apple Family Setup feature for Apple Watch this year?

***Added Labels***

114 REPLIES 114

Re: Apple family setup

paulfielding
I plan to stick around

I finally gave up and used Bell to get Family Setup.  Since then I've also decided Rogers has lost touch with what their customers need and after about 20 years of being a dedicated Rogers customer I've moved all three of my family's cell phones to Shaw.  Saving about $1400/year in the process.  (<- I'm not exaggerating that number).

TeDD13
I'm a trusted contributor
Lol, you realize that Rogers is in the process of finalizing takeover bid of Shaw, right?

paulfielding
I plan to stick around

Yup, I do, and it concerns me.  But having been on the business side of more than one of these big corporate mergers before, it'll be years before any technological/billing-ish merges actually take place.  And that's assuming the bid actually does get approved.  So I'll take my chances for now.  If it all happens and it goes downhill, I'll move to one of the other providers after.

Re: Apple Family Setup

ivan77
I've been around

It is December 10 2021 and Rogers still does not have a family plan. An apple watch cannot be used without an iphone connected to it.  i.e. My son cannot get his own line without being connected to my wifes iphon, but he would then be getting all of my Wife's text messages.  

alysaleh
I've been here awhile

Rogers team will never reply to us here and they will never look into our complaints. They also never listen nor understand the problem when I contact them over the phone or through online support. I believe the only choice is to move away. 

If anyone has a successful experience moving away from Rogers, please share with us here so all customers can follow.

Bentley
I've been here awhile

It was frustrating and disappointing that Rogers was not communicating to us when they will be adding this feature or more likely that they after more than a year, they don’t have a plan in motion to implement this critical feature.
After decades of being a loyal Rogers customer but finally realizing that loyalty was not being rewarded in better features or better pricing, I moved to 1 of the 2 competitors offering this feature and the feature is working great.

MMNN1
I've been here awhile

still waiting to get my son an apple watch under his own plan and telephone number.....What is Rogers doing?
They already support Esim

bigdukesix
I've been around

I have my son's Apple Watch SE attached to his older iPhone using a promo data only sim. The data sim is on my Infinite plan but the watch is on it's own plan in this setup (no shared data). Once the promo data sim is up, I will be moving my 4 lines to Bell because I'm not paying $20/month for a $10 service.

Matthew27
I've been here awhile
I already moved my cellular service to another provider because rogers does not offer apple family set up for apple watch. I emailed the general feedback asking for if this would ever be provided and its been over a month and no reply. Makes me think they can’t or won’t offer the service. I’d switch back if they offered this but its been years with not even an explanation or update that I can find.

TeDD13
Rogers never announced that Apple Family feature would be available on a Rogers network, therefore it is quite reasonable to assume that they have no interest in turning this feature on.

SGM161
I've been here awhile
Any update on this yet, Bell and Telus have already been running family setup for over a year.

larizzo
I've been around

I really would like to know the technical reason for them not wanting to support this feature. I'm considering moving to Bell as this is really an important feature for me.

paulfielding
I plan to stick around

I'd move to Bell if I were you and were needing the feature.  I don't think they have any intention of supporting it.  That being said, I will say that I found it to have issues - the watch had a habit of occasionally losing data connectivity, sometimes at really inconvenient moments when we wanted to track or communicate with our kid.  We eventually broke down and got her a phone.  YMMV

Buyers beware - rogers is not an authorized carrier for Family Setup with Apple Watch. You won’t be able to set your child/elderly parent up with cellular network, even if you purchase a separate line.

Dma2
I've been around
So does Rogers support family setup or not? Retail stores say no. You stay yes 2 years ago. One tech support says no another one says yes.
So far I am unable to make it work.
What is the answer

TeDD13
No, Rogers chose not to support Apple Family feature. Rogers never announced their intention to turn this feature on, so it is safe to assume that thus feature will not be supported by Rogers in the future.

TeDD13
There is absolutely no technical reason for Rogers not being able to turn this feature on. Decision not to make available Apple Family feature to customers was made by Rogers management team.

paulfielding
I plan to stick around
No, it isn’t supported. And I don’t think anyone here has said they do support it. This is why I ended up moving to Shaw. Much less expensive and haven’t looked back.

Elain3
I've been around
Has there been any movement on this yet? Bell and Telus are on board come on Rogers!

Now is 2023, does Rogers support the family setup on their network for the Apple watch yet? Telus and Bell already did and Rogers is so behind after all. As a mom, I wanna give the Apple watch to my daughter so she can call me when there is an emergency or after her activities. She is only 7 years old and she doesn’t need a phone but an Apple watch is a help.

Bbc002
I've been around
Adding my name to the list of parents who are looking forward to rogers offering the family setup feature for Apple watches.