cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Family Setup

veilofsun
I'm here a lot

Hello everyone,

I didn't find anything related to Family Setup here so my question is: Can we expect Apple Family Setup feature for Apple Watch this year?

***Added Labels***

113 REPLIES 113

Re: Apple Family Setup

Microryan
I've been here awhile

So sad, we bought an Apple watch for my daughter for Christmas but didn't expect that this wouldn't be available yet. We'd hate to go through the hassle of switching just to get family setup.

Shin10
I've been here awhile

I agree. I’ve been Rogers for over a decade- you get used to their plans and service. Sadly though if they don’t roll out a family setup plan soon I’ll have to change- the Smartwatch was an expensive gift to give to not be able to use it for my child the way I intended. Fingers crossed Rogers moves quickly!

Justbefun
I've been around

It seems that Rogers hasn’t responded or provided an update in some time. 

Rogers it’s time to bring this service to your line up and customers. Our family would be adding this service immediately for at least one of our children. I’m also due to replace my phone and holding off to see what Rogers will be doing. I’ve been a customer for nearly 20 years and I’m considering a move to another provider.

Rogers your customers want at least an update and timeframe for when we can expect Family Set Up to be available.

Regards,

Hello, @Justbefun

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We really appreciate your loyalty to the Rogers brand for the last 20 years. I can understand how the Apple Family Setup would be a really convenient feature for you.  Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information to share, at this time. Once we do have an update we'll definitely let the community know.

Thanks so much for providing us with your feedback.

RogersTony

Meltwinter
I've been around
I bought 2 Apple Watchesbfor my kids and my then carrier couldn’t get them setup so I switched to Rogers because I assumed Rogers support it. Boy am I wrong! But all those carriers operate so sneakily so I don’t watch to switch to Rogers to go through the hassle one more time.
When I switched all my 3 lines to Rogers they promised to waive setup fees but unsurprisingly they showed up in the bill and you need to spend time to talk to them and they interrogate you like you are lying. I hate this and don’t want to experience this again. So I will stay with Rogers till the pandemic is over. I will switch if they still don’t support it.

DukeofYYC
I've been here awhile

very disappointed this is not yet supported.  Is there an ETA?

Microryan
I've been here awhile

With kids going back to school, it's time to get family setup working on our kid's apple watches! Rogers has had plenty of time to figure this out as many kids got their apple watches for Christmas and have been waiting since to get the appropriate data plan. As this is a child safety issue, my family won't hesitate to move all our devices to another provider if Rogers doesn't offer family setup in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else in the same boat?

already moved early February - can’t say that the family install was easy, but once it was working (2 days of tech hassles cause of the lack of support experience) it does work well and is worth it.

MD0032
I've been here awhile

Hello RogersTony,

Any timeline update for this addition to Rogers ? I really want to get this and would rather not have to go through the hassle of switching to another provider.

Thanks.

Hello, @MD0032

Thanks for following up with us regarding this matter. Regrettably, we do not have any new information to share at this time.

Once we have an update we will ensure the community is made aware.

RogersTony

fkmobile
I've been here awhile

Quite sad

moldyCrow
I plan to stick around

We're into March now.  My son bought this watch because of the promise that this service would be available at the end of the year. Now your biggest competitor has it, and you're tracking months behind.

Nan987
I've been here awhile
Any update on the timeline?

paulfielding
I plan to stick around

So, while nothing appears to have been officially announced, I just chatted with a rep via the rogers website who told me that I can now do Family Setup with my kid's new apple watch on Rogers, and that I can get it self serve when I setup the watch.  $10/month for 1GB.  Don't know the truth of it yet, but I'm just charging the watch now and then will find out.  Will update with my finding...

Thank you for that! I’ll try too

manielli
I've been here awhile
I already have one smartwatch cellular plan set up on my iPhone, and I tried a second cellular watch to “self-serve” setup a plan and it says I can’t, because my iPhone is already linked to another smartwatch plan. So no, it is not working.

LePeR1898
I plan to stick around
I tried to setup cellular but it doesn't work

DukeofYYC
I've been here awhile
Did this work for anyone?

paulfielding
I plan to stick around

So Indeed it didn't work for me when I tried - it said my account cannot be setup for Family Setup.  So I called Rogers again and told them the whole story - the guy I talked to says that indeed I should be able to set it up.  He spent 20 minutes with me trying to get it going, but then I had to run to an appointment, so he's calling me back later today to make it happen.   Soooo,  while I don't have it working yet, it certainly seems more than one person in Rogers thinks I should be able to and is trying to help make it happen.  I'll update again once I'm finished with him....

Nan987
I've been here awhile

The family setup does work (I have 2 watches connected on my phone). You need to have a cellular version (not only the GPS version). The problem is that it’s not possible to add a $10 plan for a second watch. 

moldyCrow
I plan to stick around

It's not available from rogers, as per Apple's website.