Apple Family Setup

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianr68
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Family Setup

What is preventing Rogers from offering this?
https://www.apple.com/ca/watch/cellular/#table-family-setup

Shin10
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there an update on this- Family Set Up has now been rolled out by Apple in Canada and Bell is the first carrier to have a system in place to use it. When can we expect Rogers to do the same?
Microryan
I've Been Here Awhile

So sad, we bought an Apple watch for my daughter for Christmas but didn't expect that this wouldn't be available yet. It's especially frustrating because it's now available through Bell, but we'd hate to go through the hassle of switching just to get family setup.

Shin10
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree. I looked into switching to Bell since they are the only carrier offering this- it’s a pretty good deal but I really didn’t want to go through the hassle of switching carriers. I’ve been Rogers for over a decade- you get used to their plans and service. Sadly though if they don’t roll out a family setup plan soon I’ll have to change- the Smartwatch was an expensive gift to give to not be able to use it for my child the way I intended. Fingers crossed Rogers moves quickly!
Justbefun
I've Been Around

It seems that Rogers hasn’t responded or provided an update in some time. 

Rogers it’s time to bring this service to your line up and customers. Bell is up and running. Our family would be adding this service immediately for at least one of our children. I’m also due to replace my phone and holding off to see what Rogers will be doing. I’ve been a customer for nearly 20 years and I’m considering a move to Bell.

Rogers your customers want at least an update and timeframe for when we can expect Family Set Up to be available.

Regards,

RogersTony

Hello, @Justbefun

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We really appreciate your loyalty to the Rogers brand for the last 20 years. I can understand how the Apple Family Setup would be a really convenient feature for you.  Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information to share, at this time. Once we do have an update we'll definitely let the community know.

Thanks so much for providing us with your feedback.

RogersTony

Meltwinter
I've Been Around

I bought 2 Apple Watchesbfor my kids and my then carrier couldn’t get them setup so I switched to Rogers because I assumed Rogers support it. Boy am I wrong! But all those carriers operate so sneakily so I don’t watch to switch to Rogers to go through the hassle one more time.
When I switched all my 3 lines to Rogers they promised to waive setup fees but unsurprisingly they showed up in the bill and you need to spend time to talk to them and they interrogate you like you are lying. I hate this and don’t want to experience this again. So I will stay with Rogers till the pandemic is over. I will switch if they still don’t support it.
DukeofYYC
I've Been Here Awhile

very disappointed this is not yet supported.  Is there an ETA?

Microryan
I've Been Here Awhile

With kids going back to school, it's time to get family setup working on our kid's apple watches! Rogers has had plenty of time to figure this out as many kids got their apple watches for Christmas and have been waiting since to get the appropriate data plan. As this is a child safety issue, my family won't hesitate to move all our devices to Bell if Rogers doesn't offer family setup in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone else in the same boat?

JHALCAL1
I've Been Around

already moved early February - can’t say that the family install was easy, but once it was working (2 days of tech hassles cause of the lack of support experience) it does work well and is worth it.